Harvest Moon Auction

  • Development Director
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2001
      The events of these two days have made work-as-usual seem an
      unappealing prospect. Ultimately, there is something very reassuring to me
      about doing work for KMUN. The information, companionship and connection
      provided by our radio station has made the unbearable somehow possible. I
      am moved to work harder to help insure we continue to be a crucial link in
      the chain of community that makes good times grand and hard times better.
      On a small scale we create fun and interesting radio. In the bigger
      picture, we help provide a source of articulate, intelligent information
      that gives us all a way to stay involved and connected. We are, as a
      planet, in the midst of trying times. I don't know about you, but I've got
      my radio on. Thank you for helping make that radio possible. Merianne

      Merianne Myers
      Development Director
      KMUN 91.9 FM
      Astoria, Oregon
      dev1@...
    • Carol G Newman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2001
        Thank you Merianne. I've depended on KMUN to keep me informed and
        appreciate all those who have made that possible day and night.
        It is a very difficult time and helps to have community.
        Carol

        on 09/12/2001 12:05 PM, Development Director at dev1@... wrote:

        > The events of these two days have made work-as-usual seem an
        > unappealing prospect. Ultimately, there is something very reassuring to me
        > about doing work for KMUN. The information, companionship and connection
        > provided by our radio station has made the unbearable somehow possible. I
        > am moved to work harder to help insure we continue to be a crucial link in
        > the chain of community that makes good times grand and hard times better.
        > On a small scale we create fun and interesting radio. In the bigger
        > picture, we help provide a source of articulate, intelligent information
        > that gives us all a way to stay involved and connected. We are, as a
        > planet, in the midst of trying times. I don't know about you, but I've got
        > my radio on. Thank you for helping make that radio possible. Merianne
        >

        > Merianne Myers
        > Development Director
        > KMUN 91.9 FM
        > Astoria, Oregon
        > dev1@...

      • Development Director
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2001
          Hola, Thanks to all who have worked so hard to bring great items into the
          auction. We are accepting donations up until auction day (Sat. October 20)
          so let me know asap if you have something. All items coming in from now on
          will go into the appendix which we will add to the catalog. The catalog
          goes to press on Monday. Here are some of the things you'll find next
          Saturday:

          Giant Stuffed Tiger
          Guided Columbia River kayak trip for 6 with lunch
          Tickets for 2 to the wild mushroom and seafood dinner at The Shoalwater
          featuring Italian wines
          Brownsmead potluck cooked up and ready to take home along with a Brownsmead
          Flats cd featuring "Potluck"
          Gitane bicycle built for two
          Antique Bentwood Rocker
          Bread and soup tutorial for 4 from Rosemary's Baking
          Day sail for 4 aboard "Ciaobella" with bar pilot Deb Dempsey
          Redline bike from Bikes and Beyond
          Big honkin' basket of chocolates from around the world
          $100 gift certificate from Nine Lives Tattoo
          Western saddle
          Weekends in foreign lands
          Weekends on the coast
          Food
          Spectacular clothes
          Jewelry
          Collectibles
          Patio Furniture
          Piano
          Lowry Organ
          Etc, etc, etc.
          We have about 250 items as of today and more coming in daily.

          Please sign up to help if you haven't already. There's a sign up sheet in
          the lobby or call me or email me or just show up at the Fairgrounds on
          Thursday, Friday or Saturday. You've set the ever-better precedent in
          motion. Here's hoping the auction is no exception. I need to believe this
          mountain of stuff in my office is going to live somewhere else soon. We
          all need to believe that it will be converted into a mountain of cash for
          KMUN.

          Thanks a million, Merianne

          Merianne Myers
          Development Director