I'm going to delete this KLOS_Impact group

  • knight_blackened
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2010
      This message is being sent as a "Special Notice" to the members of the KLOS Impact group on Yahoo! groups.

      Since the cancellation of the Impact show from KLOS in February 2009, this discussion group has seen much diminished activity.

      My plan is to delete this group from Yahoo by the end of this year [2010]. This should allow plenty of time to grab the messages, files, photos, and polls that are in the database, for anyone that wants to save them. After deleting the group, everything that is kept here will be permamnently deleted from Yahoo!'s servers.

      I started this group in February 2004. I think it has run its course, especially since the show it was based upon has been off the air for over a year and a half.

      I plan to send out at least one more message, warning of the deletion before it takes place.

      KB
      Impact Group Moderator
    • Philip James
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2010
        Although I haven't participated in the group in a while, I don't really see the need to delete it.  Although Frank is not doing his show on KLOS, he IS still doing his show online (www.talkradioone.com), why not simply let it be, or even change the name (drop the KLOS from the title)?

        If you are no longer interested in moderating it, perhaps someone else could take over?  I am not necessarily offering to do the job, unless no one else wants to do it, but wants to see the group continue.

        What say the rest of the group?

        Philip James

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            KLOS_Impact-digest@yahoogroups.com
            KLOS_Impact-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Merrie
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2010
          Unless there is a specific reason that we don't know about for deleting the group, I would rather it continue.

          One alternative is to create a new group and inform this list.  Anyone who wants to could join the new group.  It does leave the problem of transferring archives, etc.

          I would prefer this group to continue.  RB, please let us know what the hardships are in continuing this group, if it is something only a moderator would know.

          Thanks for what you have done so far.

          Merrie

        • sshaymarie@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2010
            I agree with Jimmy, maybe drop KLOS from the title? I would like to see it continue, but understand if you feel the need to drop it. :)

            Peace all,

            Shay :)