12/19/08 email from Christine Maggiore

  • Rick Stevens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      Source > http://www.deanesmay.com/

      In Her Own Words, a Dec 19 Email From Christine Maggiore

      by Celia Farber

      I’m told that I stand accused in Internet hate swamp sites of claiming Christine Maggiore died “from a cleanse,” in the name of “denying” that she died of AIDS.

      She died, while suffering from bilateral bronchial pneumonia, after taking on a de-tox cleanse, is what I reported. These people at these swampy sites apparently can’t read, can’t decipher basic English. Every time I report they accuse me of “denying,” but how can you be denying while you are reporting?

      Luckily there is such a thing as first hand sources. In this case, I have an email from Christine herself, dated December 19, eight days before she died, sent to a friend.

      This friend forwarded it to me, and I am printing it here, because I knew Christine very well and I know she would welcome it. Make of it what you will. It certainly puts to rest the deliberate distortion of the AP story that weirdly quotes the LA County Coroner’s Office, forbidden from touching her body presently, stating that she suffered from pneumonia “within the past six months.” That’s technically accurate but transparently distortive, creating a smoke screen of a longer term illness, which suggests that they aren’t sure somebody can succumb to AIDS in a few weeks after 16 years of health. Why pad the few weeks into six months? Why can’t they ever just report what is known and what it not known? That would inspire credibility.

      Outtake of Dec 19 email from Christine to un-named recipient :

      Regarding my health, I finally figured out what’s going on…but it got really scary. Here’s the scoop I just sent a friend:I have been through the absolute worst health nightmare ever. The cleanse, while definitely bringing about some profound benefits, left me feeling weak and dehydrated. I lost my appetite almost completely about 10 days ago and for some weird reason could only tolerate hot tea and hot chicken broth. I had been in touch with the cleanse doc who said all was typical, uncomfortable but typical. Not one to quit, I kept going. Then I started to have trouble breathing, I was feeling winded after the most simple task like making the bed. This last Sunday, I stopped being able to sleep at all. So finally, genius that I am, I made an appointment to see my MD who is really smart and very well versed in natural health care and not at all into the HIV paradigm.I could only get in to see her yesterday.

      She said I was totally dehydrated and having a reaction to the herbs in the cleanse which she thought were suspicious. I asked her to check my lungs and she said they sounded clear. I told her I thought I should have a chest Xray anyway, just to be sure, but she was skeptical because I hadn’t had a cold, flu, cough or fever. But I insisted so she wrote me up to go to a radiology place that would give an immediate reading. By then I felt so ill I had to ask my neighbor to drive me and thank god he was there with me because I never would have made it to the radiologist without his help. As it turned out, the Xray showed a very serious case of bi-lateral bronchial pneumonia. The doctor immediately gave me IV rehydration, IV natural cortisone, and IV antibiotic. She said if I did not improve by the next day, I would have to go to the hospital which I argued would give me worse treatment, lousy food and maybe a MRS infection as a parting gift. I went back again today, had more IV treatments and she said if I can make it through the weekend without having to go to the hospital, she will be very happy. She also said I’m pretty tough to have had such severe pneumonia and keep going. I have three natural cortisone treatments I am to take everyday, and today I started with another antibiotic called Z pack which is different from the one used in the IV.

      It’s a little scary because she asked me if I am allergic to the antibiotics she’s giving me but I’ve never taken them, so I don’t know. She stayed next to me during the IV antibiotic to make sure I was not going into reaction which sort of made me feel like I might be having a reaction! But I didn’t and I slept for the first time since Sunday last night.My appetite is getting back to normal and I am on total bed rest for two weeks. I can’t imagine doing otherwise.

      Christine

    • sshaymarie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
        thanks for sharing those Rick. I was very saddened to hear of our losing such a wonderful spirited woman, willing to keep up her fight against so much. The media, LA Coroner, etc. responses are all too predictable and disgusting as far as I'm concerned. I mean, after all she and her family have gone through I'm so sorry for her son Charlie and her husband and close friends.
        On the "AIDS" note, does anyone know if Gary Null had any contact with Christine? I just wondered since he does such an outstanding and relentless job on the issue as well.

        We'll miss you Christine!

        Shay :)

        In Her Own Words, a Dec 19 Email From Christine Maggiore

        by Celia Farber
        I’m told that I stand accused in Internet hate swamp sites of claiming Christine Maggiore died “from a cleanse,” in the name of “denying” that she died of AIDS.
        She died, while suffering from bilateral bronchial pneumonia, after taking on a de-tox cleanse, is what I reported. These people at these swampy sites apparently can’t read, can’t decipher basic English. Every time I report they accuse me of “denying,” but how can you be denying while you are reporting?

        Luckily there is such a thing as first hand sources. In this case, I have an email from Christine herself, dated December 19, eight days before she died, sent to a friend.
        This friend forwarded it to me, and I am printing it here, because I knew Christine very well and I know she would welcome it. Make of it what you will. It certainly puts to=2 0rest the deliberate distortion of the AP story that weirdly quotes the LA County Coroner’s Office, forbidden from touching her body presently, stating that she suffered from pneumonia “within the past six months.” That’s technically accurate but transparently distortive, creating a smoke screen of a longer term illness, which suggests that they aren’t sure somebody can succumb to AIDS in a few weeks after 16 years of health. Why pad the few weeks into six months? Why can’t they ever just report what is known and what it not known? That would inspire credibility.

[...]

      • ecology1st2004
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
          Gary Null has a detailed health protocol for people who are HIV+.
          Null does not believe HIV+ = AIDS though. Null does not think HIV+
          should be ignored however, that's why he has a health protocol for
          it. He seems to have great success in helping HIV+ people return to
          health. I think a big mistake was made by Christine Maggiore in not
          being on some type of alternative health regimen. She ignored her
          HIV+ status to a certain degree. In other words she should have taken
          Nulls advice I believe and put herself on his protocol many moons ago.

          To my knowledge the only thing Cristine really did for herself was go
          to a mainly vegetarian diet, which would be enough to keep some HIV+
          people alive for a long and healthy life, but perhaps it wasn't
          enough to keep Christine alive unfortunately.

          If Christine really did die because of some cleansing program she was
          on, that too would be against what Gary Null would recommend. Gary
          Null doesn't believe in any hardcore fasting programs. Especially
          ones that restrict liquids.

          It's really sad/strange that Christine died so young. I have a
          brother though that almost died of pneumonia at the young age of 39
          years old. He was in hospital for over a week. He's a strong guy too.
          Weight lifter, the whole nine yards. He's not HIV+ though, as
          Christine was. His close call with death though does show that
          pneumonia can take out almost anybody, even at middle age. I still
          think Christine should have been in hospital though, with her
          pneumonia bout.

          Rick.