HIV Skeptic Christine Maggiore Passes Away at age 52

  • davidhodges80
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
    • ecology1st2004
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
        Very Sad. My feeling is that Christine should have been treated in the
        hospital, as opposed to treating pneumonia at home. Pneumonia is
        nothing to kid around with. She should have been in the hospital
        especially given her high profile status....I wonder if either of her
        parents died young, and what from - if so.

        AIDS usually kills after a prolonged downhill battle, so I doubt she
        died of AIDS. Plus her daughter was HIV negative evidently, so
        obviously HIV did not kill her daughter.

        I cant help wondering if Christine died from stress, and depression.
        Both can weaken the immune system big time. When a mother loses a
        child the depression following that can badly damage the immune system
        if it goes on long enough. Perhaps Christine never got over the loss
        of her daughter, or perhaps it really was something related to HIV.
        There are countless others though who are HIV+ and go drug free as
        Christine did, and they go on living long and healthy lives.
        Christine's death could just be freakishly bad luck....its a strange
        case indeed.

        As I said above though I firmly think she should have been treated for
        pneumonia in the hospital. Not at home..... Perhaps she didn't have
        medical insurance in our Plutocracy Nation. Is it possible socialized
        medicine would have saved her, simply by making hospitalization
        available to her. I'm just putting that out there. Perhaps she did
        have insurance, and simply chose not to go to the hospital. I don't
        know. Its worth looking into though.

        Rick.

        --- In KLOS_Impact@yahoogroups.com, "davidhodges80"
        <davidhodges80@...> wrote:

        > http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid69838.asp

      • Dr.KEV
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
          My friend Genie (not an HIV patient) went to hospital with pneumonia. Because she was a charity patient she had to sign to allow them the test new drug on her. She went into convulsions and died.

          She had been suffering for several years after getting something like SARS almost a decade before it became a news item. I had the same bug and survived with decent food and yoga, and lots of rest. She went to MD and got a bunch of meds including steroid inhaler. While I eventually threw it off, she deteriorated and kept having attacks periodically that put her in hospital. Until the last fateful visit.

          If I had gone to MD I am quite sure she would have put me in hospital, and given me similar drugs. I was coughing up what seemed like a litre of fluid per day. I was able to stay on my feel but often felt faint. I was tempted to go to MD but too stubborn and broke, I guess. I almost went to animal supply outlet for antibiotics! Somehow I survived. Very little of what passes for medicine these days really stands up to scientific vigor, and way too often results in tragedy. Christine was right in excercising her inalienable right to refuse medical treatment! She may not have had a competent fasting coach, however.

          Since Roy had her on his show (KPFK) way back when, I am quite sure he would have plugged her into Gary Null and Jon Rappoport's book AIDS Inc.

          I think Christine argued that the standard AIDS drugs kill people faster than, but with same symptoms as, HIV. If she had pneumocystus (sp?) pneumonia (PCP) or possibly TB, it might be considered AIDS related. Other forms of pneumonia can affect anyone. We cannot rule out possibility she was targeted. AIDS drugs generate billions in profit, even though they only make people die faster, or die when they would not have otherwise. The organized onslaught she lived through as a result of having the nerve to prove AIDS drug therapy is a hoax, meant she had to die young of something like pneumonia.

          If she had gone to hospital and died, no one would be automatically saying she should have stayed home, or suggesting it was unwise to go to hospital. But you are likely safer at home than in a hospital. Having HIV would make her many times more susceptible to nociceptic (hospital induced) (MRS) infection, not to mention iatrogenic (doctor induced) death or disability. Hospitals and doctors kill many times more people than car wrecks do in the US. AIDS drugs destroy the immune system, go figger.

          Perhaps 1/3, or more, of the cost of healthcare in US goes to lawyers! A single payer system means no litigation over who has to pay for personal injury. Lower costs mean lower judgements when legal decisions are required, meaning insurance premiums are lower. That is largely how it seems to be working here in Holland, anyway. Although technically, there are lots of insurance carriers, but everyone is required to have insurance. Full participation and lower costs also serve to dampen inflation. The system runs a lot more economically. My professional liability insurance is a couple hundred bucks here instead of perhaps $10K in states, so my overhead is lower and that keeps fees lower. The drugs they have been releasing in recent years are famous for turning out to be deadlly poison. So they have to charge more these days for prescriptions drugs than addicts spend on dope! it is all a huge genocidal scam.

          Add to the lawyer problem the fact that a huge chunk of personal injury cases are actually fraudulent! That means a large chunk of what you pay for insurance goes to cover fraud. No wonder people can't afford insurance in the states!

          So Rick, do you have a vested interest in the Hospital or Pharma biz?

          -KEV