Platform Solutions startup seeks Sr. Sales Eng (San Jose, CA)

  • KIT List Jobs
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      Please direct your responses to: herbnj@...

      Platform Solutions

      Platform Solutions, Inc. (PSI),located in Sunnyvale, Ca is the first developer of a new generation of mainframe computers compatible with the broadest set of datacenter environments and operating systems, PSI is a leader in providing dynamically scalable, always available servers and storage for the worldwide technology market. Our products offer the clients the latest in virtualization, open systems, and incredible performance.
      PSI is a small firm (35) employees but having a huge impact on the open systems market. We count HP, NEC, Intel, and Avnet as some of our outstanding partners. We are a well-funded firm (BluePrint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Intel Capital, Interwest Partners, Investcrop and Microsoft).

      Senior Systems Sales Engineers West, Central and Northeast regions

      -8+ years in providing enterprise-level pre-sales support in the development of high end server and storage product opportunities to major clients
      -Ideal candidate will have an solid understanding of Itanium and x86 architecture and aspects affecting systems design
      -Strong understanding of OS including Windows HP-UX or Linux
      -Ideal candidate will have small firm or startup experience and be able to travel 50% or more

      -Successful candidate will have a very strong background on at least 3 or more of the following areas:

      -Sever Virtualization technologies
      -Backup/recovery technologies
      -Networking and network security
      -Database management technology (SQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc)
      -High Availability technologies (Windows Cluster, Veritas Open Cluster, Xen)
      -Track record of success and accomplishment

      Platform Solutions is an innovative leader in providing the market a complete line of scalable and reliable server and storage solutions. Take advantage of this opportunity NOW, We offer an outstanding compensation and beneifts package as well as equity in our firm. Please send your information to Herbnj@...