Senior Storage Architect (San Jose, CA)
- Please direct your responses to: recruitingtechies@...
Senior Storage Architect
The Senior Storage Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical storage systems are scalable for future growth.
Duties And Responsibilities:
* Assure adequate storage for Functional applications and services
* The candidate will be required to adhere to best practices resulting from their validation efforts.
* Candidate must be able to transfer the storage architecture requirements into a solution configuration that will be installed and configured.
* Responsible for the designing, testing, building, monitoring, and administration of storage systems.
* Perform capacity planning for production, data warehouse, reporting, and other systems to include storage, memory, CPU, and load
* Candidate must be versatile, long-term visionary, a team-player, and enjoys working with new technologies in a fast-paced technology environment.
* Candidate must also take the architecture requirements and be able to plan and develop a validation strategy and schedule for testing the solution before releasing to production.
* 3+ years experience designing, implementing and managing virtual storage environments; hands on experience with NetApp (Network Appliance)
* Strong track record in using and configuring software applications and scalable storage clusters, including tiered storage solutions.
* 5+ years experience in Systems and/or Network Administration
* 5+ years experience in capacity planning systems and storage in a "real-time" or near "real-time" environment
* Strong leadership abilities and team-oriented, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* 5+ years experience in administering, troubleshooting, and supporting NetApp storage systems.