CONTR: R & D Reasearcher-Advanced (Santa Clara, CA)

  • KIT List Jobs
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
      Please direct your responses to: gbhaskar@...

      Position Title: R & D Researcher-Advanced
      Location: Santa Clara, CA
      Duration: 4-6 Months
      Interview: Phone to Onsite
      Rate: DOE

      Job Description:
      We need expertise in electrochemical etching. The fundamental strengths include deep technical expertise, a strong base of technical disciplines, a core competence in transferring technologies to businesses, and employees who enjoy the richness of a broad, world-class science and engineering environment.

      As a member of Molecular Separations Laboratory, you will join a multidisciplinary team developing state-of-the-art analytical technologies for complex biological samples. This position will be within the team that developed the world�s first commercial HPLC-Chip. We are looking for someone with expertise in electrochemical etching. The goal is to automate an electrochemical setup in our Lab. This involves interfacing of the electrochemical bath to Lab View or similar and measuring, determining, and controlling the parameters that determine etch characteristics.

      Job Qualifications:
      Masters Degree or equivalent in chemistry, chemical engineering or a related engineering field.
      - 5+ years of industrial experience in electrochemical etching, bath optimization, and control strategies.
      - Experience working in a clean room.
      - Proficiency with interfacing chemical instrumentation to control software.
      - Excellent communication skills and a preference for a teamwork environment.

      The following additional skills/experiences are highly desired:
      - Demonstrated ability to set up, characterize, and automate electrochemical baths.
      - Experience in mechanical design and assembly.
      - Demonstrated proficiency in working independently

      Please send in your resume(s) to "gbhaskar@...". You can also reach me at (925)708-0244/(925)467-0719