KG UV Commander and CHIRP both won't install get file access errors

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
      Heya Peeps,

      Neither KG UV Commander nor CHIRP will install on my computer, have tried admin mode and compatibility mode with the installers. I keep getting errors that the uninstall files cannot be created and the install aborts. Anyone else ever had these issues?

      Jeff
    • jwheatleyus
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
        What OS are you running?
        JohnW
        W5JHW

        --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <gijeff@...> wrote:

        > Heya Peeps,
        >
        > Neither KG UV Commander nor CHIRP will install on my computer, have tried admin mode and compatibility mode with the installers. I keep getting errors that the uninstall files cannot be created and the install aborts. Anyone else ever had these issues?
        >
        > Jeff

      • George Tucker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
          CHECK to see how muck room you have available for install

          George

          > Neither KG UV Commander nor CHIRP will install on my computer, have tried admin mode and compatibility mode with the installers. I keep getting errors that the uninstall files cannot be created and the install aborts. Anyone else ever had these issues?
          >
          > Jeff

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
            Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and I have 600 gig available.

            --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <gijeff@...> wrote:

            > Heya Peeps,
            >
            > Neither KG UV Commander nor CHIRP will install on my computer, have tried admin mode and compatibility mode with the installers. I keep getting errors that the uninstall files cannot be created and the install aborts. Anyone else ever had these issues?
            >
            > Jeff

          • Harold Giddings KR0SIV
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013

              Update windows, install windows installer 4.5 and .net 3.6 and 4.0

              Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and I have 600 gig available.

              --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <gijeff@...> wrote:

              > Heya Peeps,
              >
              > Neither KG UV Commander nor CHIRP will install on my computer, have tried admin mode and compatibility mode with the installers. I keep getting errors that the uninstall files cannot be created and the install aborts. Anyone else ever had these issues?
              >
              > Jeff

            • Gary Desler
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013

                I run widows 7 64 bit and have zero problems with either program. I keep am current  date with all of the updates

                Thanks

                Gary

                KG7CBV

                I own that I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.
                Thomas Jefferson