Re: [KG-UV_Commander] Programming Issue

  • Jardy
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
      Uninstall the drivers, then reinstall the drivers before plugging in the cable.

      Jardy Dawson
      WA7JRD
      Sent by something that worked, apparently....

      On Mar 17, 2013, at 16:58, Jeff  Mayo <jmayo726@...> wrote:

      I'm pretty sure it is a driver issue.   I'm not really worried about a windows update on the old computer b/c I really only use that computer for programming and I don't regularly connect it to the Internet.   But it would be nice to be able to make some changes on my radio from my regular computer & not have to keep an old computer laying around.

      Thanks
      Jeff

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 17, 2013, at 7:32 PM, Jerry Burn <ka7uqo@...> wrote:

      I had the same problem and even though I haven't fixed it yet, my windows 7 machine did a drivers update and locked me out, I need to revert the drivers to get around that. As far as a windows 8 machine, you will probably have to download the driver(s) to fix it. Sorry I can't be if more help.

      Jerry KA7UQO

      Sent from my iPhone thingamajig,  so forgive my misspellings as my fingers are fatter than the letters on this keyboard!

      On Mar 17, 2013, at 16:04, "Jeffrey" <jmayo726@...> wrote:

      I am trying to program my KG-UV2D using the Commander software. I previously used it with no problems, but I am using a newer computer now. I'm using a PC running with Vista and the comp wont run the drivers. I tried the Vista Drivers and the ' if all else fails' drivers but I keep getting an error message ' ERROR: Radio not found'. The same software, cable and radio had no issues on the older computer. I also checked to make sure I was in the correct comm port. Any suggestions ?

      Thanks

      Jeff

    • Jerry Burn

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
          Try http://www.powerwerx.com/ or if your cable came with a cd, try that.

          Jardy Dawson  WA7JRD Ham Radio Sent by WHO CARES!!!

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 19, 2013
            I tried un-installing and re-installing the drivers and I downloaded them from Wouxun.us.  When that didn't work I un installed them and tried again this time downloading them from powerwerx.com

            any other suggestions ?

            Thanks for your help

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 20, 2013
              I programmed two Radios last night for friends. One went smooth and the other did not. The second radio was brand new and I realized the cable wasn't snapped all the way in the radio. Perhaps the connecter was new stiff and needed a little more pressure to connect.

              --

              73 to all
              "Have a great day unless you've made other plans"

              Richard E Lueck
              K6REL & WQKS440
              k6relk6rel@...
              Concord SATERN - Concord EDS - and Concord Canteen event schedules
              & times and schedules can be found at http://www.saternconcord.org