Programming Issue

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
      I am trying to program my KG-UV2D using the Commander software. I previously used it with no problems, but I am using a newer computer now. I'm using a PC running with Vista and the comp wont run the drivers. I tried the Vista Drivers and the ' if all else fails' drivers but I keep getting an error message ' ERROR: Radio not found'. The same software, cable and radio had no issues on the older computer. I also checked to make sure I was in the correct comm port. Any suggestions ?

      Thanks

      Jeff
    • Jerry Burn
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
        I had the same problem and even though I haven't fixed it yet, my windows 7 machine did a drivers update and locked me out, I need to revert the drivers to get around that. As far as a windows 8 machine, you will probably have to download the driver(s) to fix it. Sorry I can't be if more help.

        Jerry KA7UQO

        Sent from my iPhone thingamajig,  so forgive my misspellings as my fingers are fatter than the letters on this keyboard!

        On Mar 17, 2013, at 16:04, "Jeffrey" <jmayo726@...> wrote:

        I am trying to program my KG-UV2D using the Commander software. I previously used it with no problems, but I am using a newer computer now. I'm using a PC running with Vista and the comp wont run the drivers. I tried the Vista Drivers and the ' if all else fails' drivers but I keep getting an error message ' ERROR: Radio not found'. The same software, cable and radio had no issues on the older computer. I also checked to make sure I was in the correct comm port. Any suggestions ?

        Thanks

        Jeff

      • Michael H Cox
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
          I have a heck of a time on 64bit OS.  I ended up getting a USB to serial and a separate serial programming cable

          Thanks,

          Michael Cox
          KF7EEC/WQJT342

          __________

[...]

        • Jeff Mayo
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
            I'm pretty sure it is a driver issue.   I'm not really worried about a windows update on the old computer b/c I really only use that computer for programming and I don't regularly connect it to the Internet.   But it would be nice to be able to make some changes on my radio from my regular computer & not have to keep an old computer laying around.

            Thanks
            Jeff

            Sent from my iPad

[...]

          • Jardy
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
              Uninstall the drivers, then reinstall the drivers before plugging in the cable.

              Jardy Dawson
              WA7JRD
              Sent by something that worked, apparently....

[...]

            • kg4jry
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
                --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey" <jmayo726@...> wrote:

                > I am trying to program my KG-UV2D using the Commander software. I previously used it with no problems, but I am using a newer computer now. I'm using a PC running with Vista and the comp wont run the drivers. I tried the Vista Drivers and the ' if all else fails' drivers but I keep getting an error message ' ERROR: Radio not found'. The same software, cable and radio had no issues on the older computer. I also checked to make sure I was in the correct comm port. Any suggestions ?
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Jeff

                Do a search for prolific driver ver:3.2.0.0
              • Jerry Burn

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 17, 2013
                    Try http://www.powerwerx.com/ or if your cable came with a cd, try that.

                    Jardy Dawson  WA7JRD Ham Radio Sent by WHO CARES!!!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 19, 2013
                      I tried un-installing and re-installing the drivers and I downloaded them from Wouxun.us.  When that didn't work I un installed them and tried again this time downloading them from powerwerx.com

                      any other suggestions ?

                      Thanks for your help

                      Jeff

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 20, 2013
                        I programmed two Radios last night for friends. One went smooth and the other did not. The second radio was brand new and I realized the cable wasn't snapped all the way in the radio. Perhaps the connecter was new stiff and needed a little more pressure to connect.

                        --

                        73 to all
                        "Have a great day unless you've made other plans"

                        Richard E Lueck
                        K6REL & WQKS440
                        k6relk6rel@...
                        Concord SATERN - Concord EDS - and Concord Canteen event schedules
                        & times and schedules can be found at http://www.saternconcord.org