RE: [KG-UV_Commander] Re: Can't get USB programming cable towork...

  • John L. Wilkerson Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2013
      Sorry...make sure you use the same USB port you installed the driver on every time.

      Apologies for not trimming quoted material.  Windows phone editors Suck!

      Date: 01/07/13 08:49:59

      This has been covered very thoroughly in the Baofeng UV-5R group and is referenced in another reply in this group on this topic.  It really doesn't need to be 're-invented' again!

      -Bob KK4ATB

    • GM1MQE@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
        Re code 10. I have also had one system work with a cable while another
        one fails. I put it doen to the Prolific drivers as when this problem
        came up some systems carried on working while others failed. I know
        this is overkill and have not tried it but if you have a linux system
        use the virtual box to run say WinXP or ReactOS and attach the cable to
        that and connect the usb port (logitally) to your system. As Linux
        drivers are doing the I/O to the cable. If I have time I will have a
        look next weekend.

        Last thing. All the "bad" cables have the end with a long rectangular
        piece at the and with all the edges well rounded A real Wouxun cable is
        very square with very little rounding.

        In the long run I wish I had bought the real ones at the start :-(

        I have passed all this to the importer here (Martin Lynch) who has
        taken note of this.but he does not have the clone ones.

        Andy GM1MQE