Re: [Wouxun_KG-UVD1] software for 2meter/6meter HT

  • David A. Behar
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013

      Hi friends,

      Here is an email from the developer of the Commander software (appended below).  However, note that as per the terms of the software license, any use of any version of Commander software on any radio is at the risk of the user.

      David

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 28, 2013

        Hello David & Jim & Group Members,

        I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.

        It will cover 144Mhz  and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)

        I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.

        So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct

        for my particular model?

        How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,

        I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)

        At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,

        I'm getting 'not found'  ???   Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.

        Thanks for any comments,

        Stewart    G3PMJ   UK

        --
        Comint
      • Jardy Dawson
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 28, 2013
          Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.

          Jardy Dawson
          WA7JRD

          Sent using sidewalk chalk.

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 28, 2013
            Thanks WA7JRD,

            Fine on my checking the device manager.
            How will I know I have the correct one?
            Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
            I am wishing to use the Software  >>>
            http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip

            Stewart   G3PMJ   UK

            On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:

            Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.

            Jardy Dawson
            WA7JRD

            Sent using sidewalk chalk.

            On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

            Hello David & Jim & Group Members,

            I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.

            It will cover 144Mhz  and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)

            I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.

            So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct

            for my particular model?

            How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,

            I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)

            At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,

            I'm getting 'not found'  ???   Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.

            Thanks for any comments,

            Stewart    G3PMJ   UK

          • Connect

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 28, 2013
                While watching Device Mgr, plug and unplug the cable. You will see which Com Port is assigned to the USB cable. FindComPort.exe is handy for checking Com Ports. Download from www.wouxun.us
                JohnW
                W5JHW

                --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                > Thanks WA7JRD,
                >
                > Fine on my checking the device manager.
                > How will I know I have the correct one?
                > Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
                > I am wishing to use the Software >>>
                > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip
                >
                > Stewart G3PMJ UK
                >

                > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                > >
                > > Jardy Dawson
                > > WA7JRD
                > >
                > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.
                > >

                > > On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Hello David & Jim & Group Members,
                > >
                > > I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.
                > >
                > > It will cover 144Mhz and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)
                > >
                > > I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.
                > >
                > > So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct
                > >
                > > for my particular model?
                > >
                > > How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,
                > >
                > > I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)
                > >
                > > At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,
                > >
                > > I'm getting 'not found' ??? Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.
                > >
                > > Thanks for any comments,
                > >
                > > Stewart G3PMJ UK

              • Stewart Revell
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 28, 2013
                  Thanks JohnW,

                  I'll try your suggestion.  Thanks,

                  G3PMJ    UK

                  On 28 October 2013 15:18, jwheatleyus <taoswheat@...> wrote:

                  While watching Device Mgr, plug and unplug the cable. You will see which Com Port is assigned to the USB cable. FindComPort.exe is handy for checking Com Ports. Download from www.wouxun.us
                  JohnW
                  W5JHW

                  --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks WA7JRD,
                  >
                  > Fine on my checking the device manager.
                  > How will I know I have the correct one?
                  > Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
                  > I am wishing to use the Software >>>
                  > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip
                  >
                  > Stewart G3PMJ UK
                  >

                  > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                  > >
                  > > Jardy Dawson
                  > > WA7JRD
                  > >
                  > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.
                  > >

                  > > On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Hello David & Jim & Group Members,
                  > >
                  > > I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.
                  > >
                  > > It will cover 144Mhz and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)
                  > >
                  > > I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.
                  > >
                  > > So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct
                  > >
                  > > for my particular model?
                  > >
                  > > How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,
                  > >
                  > > I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)
                  > >
                  > > At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,
                  > >
                  > > I'm getting 'not found' ??? Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for any comments,
                  > >
                  > > Stewart G3PMJ UK

                • Jerry Burn
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 28, 2013
                    If it's the same issue I have, I am told that if you bought a Chinese knock off cable, the drivers on Windows 7 &8 won't recognize it.  I had and older op system and when I did the automatic update, I too was out!  I haven't had time to revert to the previous one to fix it.  I don't know if you can do if on 7 or 8,

                    Jerry
                    KA7UQO
                    Beaverton Oregon USA

                    Sent from my iPhone thingamajig,  so forgive my misspellings as my fingers are fatter than the letters on this keyboard!

                    On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:35, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                    Thanks JohnW,

                    I'll try your suggestion.  Thanks,

                    G3PMJ    UK

                    On 28 October 2013 15:18, jwheatleyus <taoswheat@...> wrote:

                    While watching Device Mgr, plug and unplug the cable. You will see which Com Port is assigned to the USB cable. FindComPort.exe is handy for checking Com Ports. Download from www.wouxun.us
                    JohnW
                    W5JHW

                    --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks WA7JRD,
                    >
                    > Fine on my checking the device manager.
                    > How will I know I have the correct one?
                    > Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
                    > I am wishing to use the Software >>>
                    > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip
                    >
                    > Stewart G3PMJ UK
                    >

                    > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                    > >
                    > > Jardy Dawson
                    > > WA7JRD
                    > >
                    > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.
                    > >

                    > > On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Hello David & Jim & Group Members,
                    > >
                    > > I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.
                    > >
                    > > It will cover 144Mhz and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)
                    > >
                    > > I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.
                    > >
                    > > So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct
                    > >
                    > > for my particular model?
                    > >
                    > > How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,
                    > >
                    > > I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)
                    > >
                    > > At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,
                    > >
                    > > I'm getting 'not found' ??? Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for any comments,
                    > >
                    > > Stewart G3PMJ UK

                  • srevell2002
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013

                      OK, I think I have managed to have the USB cable with correct Drivers (3.2.0.0) installed for Win7.

                      However, when doing a READ from the KG-UVD1P,  I'm getting up to 12%, then message

                      'Error: Radio Not Found' ???

                      ( Using the fine KG-UV6D  Version 0.1.0 BETA Software )

                      So, how to check the functionality of the cable?  ( The Plug is FULLY Clicked in )

                      Is there a quick Test please?

                      G3PMJ   UK

                      ---In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, <kg-uv_commander@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      If it's the same issue I have, I am told that if you bought a Chinese knock off cable, the drivers on Windows 7 &8 won't recognize it.  I had and older op system and when I did the automatic update, I too was out!  I haven't had time to revert to the previous one to fix it.  I don't know if you can do if on 7 or 8,

                      Jerry
                      KA7UQO
                      Beaverton Oregon USA

                      Sent from my iPhone thingamajig,  so forgive my misspellings as my fingers are fatter than the letters on this keyboard!

                      On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:35, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                      Thanks JohnW,

                      I'll try your suggestion.  Thanks,

                      G3PMJ    UK

                      On 28 October 2013 15:18, jwheatleyus <taoswheat@...> wrote:

                      While watching Device Mgr, plug and unplug the cable. You will see which Com Port is assigned to the USB cable. FindComPort.exe is handy for checking Com Ports. Download from www.wouxun.us
                      JohnW
                      W5JHW

                      --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks WA7JRD,
                      >
                      > Fine on my checking the device manager.
                      > How will I know I have the correct one?
                      > Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
                      > I am wishing to use the Software >>>
                      > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip
                      >
                      > Stewart G3PMJ UK
                      >

                      > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                      > >
                      > > Jardy Dawson
                      > > WA7JRD
                      > >
                      > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.
                      > >

                      > > On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Hello David & Jim & Group Members,
                      > >
                      > > I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.
                      > >
                      > > It will cover 144Mhz and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)
                      > >
                      > > I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.
                      > >
                      > > So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct
                      > >
                      > > for my particular model?
                      > >
                      > > How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,
                      > >
                      > > I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)
                      > >
                      > > At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,
                      > >
                      > > I'm getting 'not found' ??? Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for any comments,
                      > >
                      > > Stewart G3PMJ UK

                    • jwheatleyus
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                        Are you sure of the Com Port number assigned to the cable and that port is selected in the software?
                        JohnW
                        W5JHW

                        --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > >

                        > > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > **
                        > > >

                        > > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                        > > >
                        > > > Jardy Dawson
                        > > > WA7JRD
                        > > >
                        > > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.
                        > > >

                        > > > On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@> wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > Hello David & Jim & Group Members,
                        > > >
                        > > > I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.
                        > > >
                        > > > It will cover 144Mhz and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)
                        > > >
                        > > > I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.
                        > > >
                        > > > So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct
                        > > >
                        > > > for my particular model?
                        > > >
                        > > > How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,
                        > > >
                        > > > I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)
                        > > >
                        > > > At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,
                        > > >
                        > > > I'm getting 'not found' ??? Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.

                      • Stewart Revell
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                          OK,  JohnW  W5JHW,

                          I am not sure!  Please point me to where this setting is located?
                          I believe I should now be OK for COM3.    Thanks,

                          Stewart   G3PMJ   UK

                        • Jardy Dawson
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                            DO NOT use the UV-6 Commander software on a 1!!  There is different Commander software for the 1, 2, and 3!!  You can brick a radio using the wrong version.

                            Jardy Dawson
                            WA7JRD Ham Radio

                            Sent by hurling dead pigeons over the wall by trebuche.
> [...]

                            > > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > **
                            > > >

                            > > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                            > > >
                            > > > Jardy Dawson
                            > > > WA7JRD
                            > > >
                            > > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.
                            > > >

                            > > > On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:12, <stewart.revell@> wrote:
                            > > >

                            > > > Hello David & Jim & Group Members,
                            > > >
                            > > > I'm new to this Group, I have just received a KG-UVD1P.
                            > > >
                            > > > It will cover 144Mhz and here in the UK the 70Mhz bands. (2m & 4m)
                            > > >
                            > > > I bought a USB Programming cable and mini DC.
                            > > >
                            > > > So, HOW can I Test the USB cable / Software is correct
                            > > >
                            > > > for my particular model?
                            > > >
                            > > > How can I be sure I have the correct Drivers,
                            > > >
                            > > > I may have ( automatically ) installed the wrong ones? (Windows7 here)
                            > > >
                            > > > At the moment when doing a 'receive' / Read from the HT,
                            > > >
                            > > > I'm getting 'not found' ??? Yes! the connector IS fully Clicked in.

                          • Stewart Revell
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                              OK, Thanks Jardy Dawson,  WA7JRD,

                              Thanks for pointing out the incorrect Software I'm using.
                              To save me looking, have you a LINK for the correct version, please?
                              Thanks,
                              Stewart   G3PMJ   UK

                            • Jardy Dawson
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                                KC8UNJ.com

                                Jardy Dawson
                                WA7JRD Ham Radio

                                Sent by hurling dead pigeons over the wall by trebuche.

                                I am not sure!  Please point me to where this setting is located?
                                I believe I should now be OK for COM3.    Thanks,

                                Stewart   G3PMJ   UK

                                On 29 October 2013 22:48, jwheatleyus <taoswheat@...> wrote:

                                Are you sure of the Com Port number assigned to the cable and that port is selected in the software?
                                JohnW
                                W5JHW

                                --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, <stewart.revell@...> wrote:

                                > OK, I think I have managed to have the USB cable with correct Drivers (3.2.0.0) installed for Win7.
                                > However, when doing a READ from the KG-UVD1P, I'm getting up to 12%, then message
                                >
                                > 'Error: Radio Not Found' ???
                                > ( Using the fine KG-UV6D Version 0.1.0 BETA Software )
                                >
                                > So, how to check the functionality of the cable? ( The Plug is FULLY Clicked in )
                                > Is there a quick Test please?
                                > G3PMJ UK
                                >

                                > ---In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, <kg-uv_commander@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                >
                                > If it's the same issue I have, I am told that if you bought a Chinese knock off cable, the drivers on Windows 7 &8 won't recognize it. I had and older op system and when I did the automatic update, I too was out! I haven't had time to revert to the previous one to fix it. I don't know if you can do if on 7 or 8,
                                >

                                > Jerry
                                > KA7UQO
                                > Beaverton Oregon USA
                                >
                                > Sent from my iPhone thingamajig, so forgive my misspellings as my fingers are fatter than the letters on this keyboard!
                                >
                                > On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:35, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@ mailto:stewart.revell@> wrote:
                                >

                                > Thanks JohnW,
                                >

                                > I'll try your suggestion. Thanks,
                                >

                                > G3PMJ UK
                                >

                                > On 28 October 2013 15:18, jwheatleyus <taoswheat@ mailto:taoswheat@> wrote:
                                > While watching Device Mgr, plug and unplug the cable. You will see which Com Port is assigned to the USB cable. FindComPort.exe is handy for checking Com Ports. Download from http://www.wouxun.us/ http://www.wouxun.us/
                                > JohnW
                                > W5JHW
                                >
                                > --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com mailto:KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Thanks WA7JRD,
                                > >
                                > > Fine on my checking the device manager.
                                > > How will I know I have the correct one?
                                > > Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
                                > > I am wishing to use the Software >>>
                                > > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip
                                > >
                                > > Stewart G3PMJ UK
                                > >

                                > > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > **
                                > > >

                                > > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.
                                > > >
                                > > > Jardy Dawson
                                > > > WA7JRD
                                > > >
                                > > > Sent using sidewalk chalk.

                              • Stewart Revell
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                                  Thanks !
                                  I'll try that.  Many thanks,
                                  Stewart   G3PMJ   UK

                                  On 29 October 2013 23:25, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:

> [...]

                                  > JohnW
                                  > W5JHW
                                  >
                                  > --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com mailto:KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Revell <stewart.revell@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks WA7JRD,
                                  > >
                                  > > Fine on my checking the device manager.
                                  > > How will I know I have the correct one?
                                  > > Is there only one Com Port that is 'correct' ?
                                  > > I am wishing to use the Software >>>
                                  > > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv014b.zip
                                  > >
                                  > > Stewart G3PMJ UK
                                  > >

                                  > > On 28 October 2013 13:17, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > > **
                                  > > >

                                  > > > Go to device manager and make sure you have the right comm port.

                                • jwheatleyus
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 29, 2013
                                    Either use Device Manager in Windows or download FindComPort.exe from www.wouxun.us to determine which port is assigned to the cable.