New owner of KG-UVD1P-440

  • wade
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
      I have two UDV-1P units on the way. I have installed KG-UV commander. I have a couple of questions.

      When configuration is done and installed in machine do these values remain the same for both modes of operation on any freq.??

      Any tips or suggestions for the use of commander. The help file is minimal and since I have not yet tried I dont know if it provides all that I will need.

      Thanks Van W4GIW a ham for 59 years.
    • Thomas Carpenter
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
        Van,
         Assuming both radios are about the same age and you downloaded both radios of the initial programming into commander, save a copy of each if there is a problem ( two file names ). Once written in the program ( saved under another file name ), it should be able to down loaded to both radios. Save files to avoid head aches.
        That done the radios should be clones of each other.
        73,
        Tom Kb3hg  35+ years of tickling the Ether

        I have two UDV-1P units on the way. I have installed KG-UV commander. I have a
        couple of questions.

        When configuration is done and installed in machine do these values remain the
        same for both modes of operation on any freq.??

        Any tips or suggestions for the use of commander. The help file is minimal and
        since I have not yet tried I dont know if it provides all that I will need.

        Thanks Van W4GIW a ham for 59 years.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            KG-UV_Commander-digest@yahoogroups.com
            KG-UV_Commander-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • van

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
            Wade

            That is a bit of a vague question.

            For example:

            In VFO (Frequency) Mode, you set a Repeater Offset (eg 600 kHz, 5 MHz,
            etc.) whereas in Memory (Channel) mode, you enter both the Transmit
            Frequency, and the Receive Frequency, rather than the calculated Offset..

            --
            Comint

            > When configuration is done and installed in machine do these values remain the same for both modes of operation on any freq.??

          • Peter C
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 18, 2012
              --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "wade" wrote:

              I have two UDV-1P units on the way. I have installed KG-UV commander. I have a couple of questions.

              When configuration is done and installed in machine do these values remain the same for both modes of operation on any freq.??

              Any tips or suggestions for the use of commander. The help file is minimal and since I have not yet tried I don't know if it provides all that I will need.

              Thanks Van W4GIW a ham for 59 years.
              ++

              I have a UDV-1P and a KG-UV6D, the Commander DOE work for the UV6D but NOT for the 1P. I have to use the manufacturer software for the 1P.
              Please let me know if you get the Commander to work for the 1P. It is excellent software. Might be that the 1P is older than the 6D. Not sure.
              Hope you get it working..
            • van