KG-UV2D and Error 75: Path/file access error

  • johnoberlin@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
      Greetings,

      I am a new member and hope to learn from the group as I start following the discussions. In the meantime I have a problem/question.

      When trying to download from my KG-UV2D using KG-UV Commander I get a popup box that says "Error 75: Path/file access error." I have just installed the software on a new PC running Windows 8. There was no problem on my old PC.

      I'm stuck, stumped, baffled, and confused. All that aside, can anyone tell me what the problem with the software/PC/radio is?

      Thanks,
      John KJ4GDX
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
        On 8/12/2012 05:17, johnoberlin@... wrote:

        When trying to download from my KG-UV2D using KG-UV Commander I get a popup box that says "Error 75: Path/file access error." I have just installed the software on a new PC running Windows 8. There was no problem on my old PC.

        You can get this error when an application accesses a serial port and there is a problem with the port. Does the serial port exist? Is something else using the port? Are the correct drivers installed? Does your serial device use Prolific USB drivers?
        Use device manager (or whatever the exquivalent is with Win 8) to see what ports are available and whether they are functioning.

        --
        Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
      • jimbo_48393
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
          I haven't tested the software at all on Windows 8. However, I do know that the "Error 75" occurs under Win7/Vista when running old versions of the software (0.1.2 beta and earlier) as a non-administrator.

          So, I would recommend the following:
          - If you are using an old version, upgrade to the latest (from www.kc8unj.com)

          - Try running the program as an administrator (should be right-click -> run as administrator or similar)

          Jim
          KC8UNJ