wozun uv-6d

  • cochin007
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012
      Hi ,
      I have got uv-6d and want to remotely change the frequency .
      Is it possible using commander? or any way to do it
      I am in UK and rig is in India . I have broadband and listen to it but unable to change Frequncy
      George
    • jwheatleyus
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012
        I can think of two ways- neither elegant or easy.
        1 Stepper motor drive on the channel knob.
        2 Use a Remote Control program on your PC and run the programming software to change frequency and other parameters of only one channel. After writing to the radio, the same channel would come up active on the new frequency just loaded. This would require a hack to the programming cable to get Rx audio out of the radio with the programming cable plugged in.
        JohnW
        W5JHW

        --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "cochin007" <cochin007@...> wrote:

        > Hi ,
        > I have got uv-6d and want to remotely change the frequency .
        > Is it possible using commander? or any way to do it
        > I am in UK and rig is in India . I have broadband and listen to it but unable to change Frequncy
        > George

      • Grant Rothwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012

          Maybe, buy another portable and use IRLP/Echolink........

        • David A. Behar
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012
            Hi friends,

            1) In my judgment, choice #2 seems very feasible.

            2) Instead of chopping up the programming cable, you can create a new double-"Y" cable -- which splits both audio lines from the radio into either the programming cable, or to your interface to computer audio.  Either the radio would need to be remotely switched between the programming cable and the audio interface, or perhaps a suitable device could be made which would not require switching (e.g., audio always coupled through a transformer or something between the radio and the audio interface, while at the same time the programming cable is also always connected to the radio).

            David

            I can think of two ways- neither elegant or easy.
            1 Stepper motor drive on the channel knob.
            2 Use a Remote Control program on your PC and run the programming software to change frequency and other parameters of only one channel. After writing to the radio, the same channel would come up active on the new frequency just loaded. This would require a hack to the programming cable to get Rx audio out of the radio with the programming cable plugged in.
            JohnW
            W5JHW

            --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "cochin007" <cochin007@...> wrote:

            > Hi ,
            > I have got uv-6d and want to remotely change the frequency .
            > Is it possible using commander? or any way to do it
            > I am in UK and rig is in India . I have broadband and listen to it but unable to change Frequncy
            > George

          • jwheatleyus
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
              I have not built this but I believe it will work.
              1. Get a USB-RS-232 Adapter like-
              http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=CP2102+Module+USB+to+USART%28UART%29+3.3V+TTL+USB+To+COM&_sacat=0&_from=R40
              2. Get 2.5mm and 3.5mm Stereo Plugs
              3. Connect Data Gnd to 2.5mm Sleeve
              TX Data to 2.5mm Ring
              RX Data to 3.5mm Sleeve
              4. Connect Ext Speaker to 2.5mm Tip and 3.5mm Sleeve (Gnd)
              I have made a number of BlueTooth and similar interfaces to the KG-UVD1P that work fine. I have not made a programming cable using the eBay USB module.
              JohnW
              W5JHW

              --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "David A. Behar" <david271@...> wrote:

              > Hi friends,
              >
              > 1) In my judgment, choice #2 seems very feasible.
              >
              > 2) Instead of chopping up the programming cable, you can create a new double-"Y" cable -- which splits both audio lines from the radio into either the programming cable, or to your interface to computer audio. Either the radio would need to be remotely switched between the programming cable and the audio interface, or perhaps a suitable device could be made which would not require switching (e.g., audio always coupled through a transformer or something between the radio and the audio interface, while at the same time the programming cable is also always connected to the radio).
              >
              > David

            • jwheatleyus
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
                OOPS.... I did not think before posting. An easier way to attack this problem will allow use of an existing programming cable-- Just get two Stereo Jacks and two Stereo Plugs. Jacks go on the programming cable and plugs go to the radio. Wire jacks to plugs per the post below.
                JohnW
                W5JHW