Re: [KG-UV_Commander] Re:Using Channels A&B importing difference frequencies.

  • Paul Linkous
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 22, 2012

      This does not have dual vfo.
      There is only one. Therefore you can not set it to show 2 different frequencies for the same channel.
      You can set A to RX/TX on channel 5 and B to RX/TX on channel 2 but you can not program 2different frequencies for the same channel. The A/B is for display only it is not 2 totally different banks of memory channels.

      On Nov 22, 2012 1:00 PM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:
      Not sure I understand. I am using software. There is nothing in there that allows me to send VHF to A and UHF to B,,can you give step by step as I just load the FREQ list in Commander and its there for both channels. I can do it manually no problem.. but want to use software.

      --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:

      > Using the 'a/b' button, highlight the one you want to change.  Either rotate the dial to change channels or the keyboard (005 to go to channel 5 or punch in the freq if you are in VFO mode).
      >
      > Jardy Dawson
      > WA7JRD
      >
      > Nobody cares what you send your messages on!!
      >
      > On Nov 22, 2012, at 8:20 AM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I have used the Commander program with much success. However, when I send data to the radio it fills both A & B channels with the same information. For example: channel 10 frequency:Ch.A 444.000 Ch. B 444.000
      > >
      > > What I would like to do is separate and channel A:440.000 B:146.73
      > >
      > > Nothing that I have read in the groups explains how to seprate these frequencies.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          KG-UV_Commander-digest@yahoogroups.com
          KG-UV_Commander-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jardy Dawson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 22, 2012
        Press the S/D button.  Should bring up 2 channels.

        On Nov 22, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Paul Linkous <paul.linkous@...> wrote:

        This does not have dual vfo.
        There is only one. Therefore you can not set it to show 2 different frequencies for the same channel.
        You can set A to RX/TX on channel 5 and B to RX/TX on channel 2 but you can not program 2different frequencies for the same channel. The A/B is for display only it is not 2 totally different banks of memory channels.

        On Nov 22, 2012 1:00 PM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:
        Not sure I understand. I am using software. There is nothing in there that allows me to send VHF to A and UHF to B,,can you give step by step as I just load the FREQ list in Commander and its there for both channels. I can do it manually no problem.. but want to use software.

        --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:

        > Using the 'a/b' button, highlight the one you want to change.  Either rotate the dial to change channels or the keyboard (005 to go to channel 5 or punch in the freq if you are in VFO mode).
        >
        > Jardy Dawson
        > WA7JRD
        >
        > Nobody cares what you send your messages on!!
        >
        > On Nov 22, 2012, at 8:20 AM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I have used the Commander program with much success. However, when I send data to the radio it fills both A & B channels with the same information. For example: channel 10 frequency:Ch.A 444.000 Ch. B 444.000
        > >
        > > What I would like to do is separate and channel A:440.000 B:146.73
        > >
        > > Nothing that I have read in the groups explains how to seprate these frequencies.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            KG-UV_Commander-digest@yahoogroups.com
            KG-UV_Commander-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Peter C
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 22, 2012
          The reason behind the question is that I want as I think I stated to have VHF on BANK A and UHF on B. That was the only reason.

          --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:

          > Press the S/D button. Should bring up 2 channels.
          >
          > Jardy Dawson
          > WA7JRD
          >
          > Nobody cares what you send your messages on!!
          >
          > On Nov 22, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Paul Linkous <paul.linkous@...> wrote:
          >
          > > This does not have dual vfo.
          > > There is only one. Therefore you can not set it to show 2 different frequencies for the same channel.
          > > You can set A to RX/TX on channel 5 and B to RX/TX on channel 2 but you can not program 2different frequencies for the same channel. The A/B is for display only it is not 2 totally different banks of memory channels.
          > >
          > > On Nov 22, 2012 1:00 PM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:
          > >> Not sure I understand. I am using software. There is nothing in there that allows me to send VHF to A and UHF to B,,can you give step by step as I just load the FREQ list in Commander and its there for both channels. I can do it manually no problem.. but want to use software.

        • Steve V
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 23, 2012
            There are not two "banks". There is only one set of memories and you can select any of them to be either A or B display at any time given time. Any memory can be any frequency within the range of the radio.
          • Jardy Dawson
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 23, 2012
              You only have one set of memories.  You can have v/v, u/v, v/u, or u/u.  I don't think you understand how your radio works.

              On Nov 22, 2012, at 4:09 PM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:

              The reason behind the question is that I want as I think I stated to have VHF on BANK A and UHF on B. That was the only reason.

              --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Jardy Dawson <JARDY72@...> wrote:

              > Press the S/D button. Should bring up 2 channels.
              >
              > Jardy Dawson
              > WA7JRD
              >
              > Nobody cares what you send your messages on!!
              >
              > On Nov 22, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Paul Linkous <paul.linkous@...> wrote:
              >
              > > This does not have dual vfo.
              > > There is only one. Therefore you can not set it to show 2 different frequencies for the same channel.
              > > You can set A to RX/TX on channel 5 and B to RX/TX on channel 2 but you can not program 2different frequencies for the same channel. The A/B is for display only it is not 2 totally different banks of memory channels.
              > >
              > > On Nov 22, 2012 1:00 PM, "Peter C" <pc2053@...> wrote:
              > >> Not sure I understand. I am using software. There is nothing in there that allows me to send VHF to A and UHF to B,,can you give step by step as I just load the FREQ list in Commander and its there for both channels. I can do it manually no problem.. but want to use software.

            • rrblackmun
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 23, 2012
                There are no 'banks' (A vs. B) on the KG-UV HT's -- there are 128 (199 on the new KG-UV6D) channels that can be programmed with whatever frequencies (within the design limits of your HT as specified on the label inside the battery compartment) you want to TX & RX -- they can be any combination of VHF & UHF.

                The HT has two displays -- A and B -- and you can select any channel that you want in either display. The two displays aren't limited to VHF vs. UHF and can display and TX and RX on any channel that you've programmed (manually or using Commander or the Wouxun software or the TWEdit Excel software and perhaps others).

                The 'dual watch' feature of the Wouxun HT means that the HT will monitor whatever channel is selected in A and also the channel displayed in B; you'll hear whichever one is active first. The A/B switch on the HT is used to select the display that shows the channel that you'll be using when you transmit (press the PTT). If you only want to display (and hear) a single channel and both RX & TX on it, press the TDR button.

                One other note -- contrary to 'typical' ham radios, the Wouxun HT's don't operate with RX +/- offsets. Some of the programming software packages support offsets, but they're actually converted into the corresponding RX & TX combination (which is why / how you can program channels the have either VHF or UHF frequencies as TX and RX).

                -Bob KK4ATB