RE: Autoshift running fine also in 0.1.4 KG-UV Commander - many Thanks to Jim

  • dh2rtw
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      Hi Jim,

      it´s GREAT ! - It works; many thanks for your answer and I want to paste your solution also in the group here

      "drag and drop by dh2rtw":
      >Hi Rolf,

      >Thank you very much for the feedback!

      >I found the problem: In several places, Commander uses the Val() >function as an easy way to evaluate strings containing numeric >values. Unfortunately, on systems which are set to use a comma "," >for the decimal separator, this function only evaluates the >non-decimal portion of the number.

      >As a workaround, you can go into Regional settings in the Windows >Control Panel, and temporarily change the decimal symbol to a period >"." when running Commander, and set it back when finished.

      >I will work to resolve this in a future release of Commander, but >the Val() function is used in many places, so it will take some work.

      >Jim
      >KC8UNJ
      "END pasting...."

      I make the changes in the region settings (sorry bad German layout windows 7 instead of english version) and it works directly fine.
      Oh sorry; my "greatest Bug" was that I have an Multilanguage Enterprise Version of the W7 but never switch it back to the original
      en-Version. Now I remember that we have in the company an similar Problem with the installation of a database software which need to switch the language settings in the setup routine to Österreich instead of german. After the setup are completed you can switch back to your local language settings and the software still runs.

      Fine; thanks for your quickly answer and finding the (or my) BUG.

      Autoshift in 0.1.4 works well - when using the right decimal separation character . instead of , (in german !). hihi

      de dh2rtw rolf