Error when programming KG-UV1DP

  • hsumaverick01
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2012
      When trying to program my KG-UV1DP, I receive an error that says Error: no response from radio. I am trying to use the kg-uv commander software in place of my other software I have been using which would let me program the radio without any problems. It is detecting the port that my usb cable is on when I use auto-detect, but gives me this error? Has anyone else encountered an error like this?

      Christopher Lagrone
      N5HSU
    • jwheatleyus
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2012
        I had some initial glitches using auto detect. Now I just select the proper Com Port and uncheck auto. Works every time.
        JohnW
        W5JHW

      • GM1MQE@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
          If you have a USB cable from China it normally does not work.....

          Andy gm1mqe
        • Dennis Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
            All my USB cables are from China. They all work. I have many, multiple ones for a number of different radio's including duplicates from different suppliers. I only have 1 that just doesn't work and never has - a standard USB to serial adaptor made by Belkin, so no surprise there then.

            Dennis Smith
            M1DLG

            On 5 September 2012 14:44, <GM1MQE@...> wrote:
            If you have a USB cable from China it normally does not work.....

            Andy gm1mqe

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                KG-UV_Commander-digest@yahoogroups.com
                KG-UV_Commander-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Chuck Graham
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012

              Here at the Salvation Army SATERN unit in Concord CA we see lots of different radios and equipment.  The real answer it seems is quality control from China.  Some items are great and a great value for the money some are marginal with a question about the money.  Some are really a problem.  It comes down to you get what you pay for.  If you understand the risk that everything is not perfect you’ll be fine.  Just be ready to return stuff that doesn’t work right.  Keep the wrapper and box.

              73,

              Chuck Graham, KI6DCD

              EDS/SATERN Cochairman

              Salvation Army Concord Corps

            • Larry Williams
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012

                Most likely it's a computer issue. Mine works on an older laptop but not my new one. Larry

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
                    Normally does not work? So it did at one time, what are you doing different? Is the connector fully seated? Do you know if the connector in the radio is good. Same usb physical port? There are many variables, did windows change comm ports on you for starts.

                    Tom Kb3hg

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 7, 2012
                      I should have been more careful regards the USB cables. The ones I have seen from China do not work with up to date Prolific software. There is a simple check. Display the devices and go to the Prolific USB/Serial port if it has an error code of 10 then either get old prolific software or a genuine cable with a prolific chip.

                      Andy

                      --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, GM1MQE@... wrote:

                      > If you have a USB cable from China it normally does not work.....
                      >
                      > Andy gm1mqe

                    • Thomas Carpenter
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 8, 2012
                        Andy, you may want to file this in the group files. This is the first remark i can recall about the error code 10.
                        Thanks for this information.

                        Tom Kb3hg

                        --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, GM1MQE@... wrote: > > If you have a USB cable from China it normally does not work..... > > Andy gm1mqe > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KG-UV_Commander/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KG-UV_Commander/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: KG-UV_Commander-digest@yahoogroups.com KG-UV_Commander-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: KG-UV_Commander-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/