Re: [KG-UV_Commander] 514 enquiring minds want to know!

  • Larry Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2012
      OK, I'll start. My use of the 2D is just for a scanner. I've loaded all the UHF/VHF Publin Service channels for 2 countys in my area. About 80 items. I replaced the antenna with a MAXRAD VHF stubby. The reason for this is because I am close to a Mtn with high power UHF repeaters. The VHF stubby att's the UHF and is perfect for the VHF. All freqs have alpha text and PL/DPL. It replaces the UHF Safeceiver I've been using. With stubby ant and small size I just drop it in my shirt pocket. Larry

        Same works for us in downtown Chicago. The Sears Tower and John Hancock building are towers of RF.