514 enquiring minds want to know!

  • David A. Behar
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2012
      Hi friends,

      According to Yahoo Groups we now have 514 members, including many who have joined over the past few months.  Now is a great time to share with your fellow members how you are using KG-UV Commander software for the earlier Wouxun dual-band handheld radios, and how you are using KG-UV6 Commander software to program the KG-UV6D radios.

      What is working?  What doesn't work?  What tricks have you learned to make programming easier?  What problems have you solved, and how have you solved them?

      ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!

      David / K7DB

    • Larry Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2012
        OK, I'll start. My use of the 2D is just for a scanner. I've loaded all the UHF/VHF Publin Service channels for 2 countys in my area. About 80 items. I replaced the antenna with a MAXRAD VHF stubby. The reason for this is because I am close to a Mtn with high power UHF repeaters. The VHF stubby att's the UHF and is perfect for the VHF. All freqs have alpha text and PL/DPL. It replaces the UHF Safeceiver I've been using. With stubby ant and small size I just drop it in my shirt pocket. Larry

          Same works for us in downtown Chicago. The Sears Tower and John Hancock building are towers of RF.