Re: [KG-UV_Commander] KG-UV6D SOFTWARE

  • Dennis Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=netiquette+capital+letters

      On 7 July 2012 16:03, ZIP-G <zip.doe@...> wrote:

      GEORGE,

      I AM USING THE 2.5 KC STEP IN THE RADIO. THE DEALER INDICATES THAT ANY OTHER SOFTWARE WILL NOT
      WORK ON THIS RADIO (KG-UV6D V2) AND THUS HIS CAUTION NOTICE. APPARENTLY THE WOUXUN SOFTWARE
      IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY ONE THAT WILL WORK.  MY QUESTION WOULD BE 'HAS ANYONE PROGRAMMED THE KG-UV6D V2 WITH COMMANDER?

      THANKS,
      WAYNE
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
        Hi friends,

        The issue here was that early versions of the Wouxun KG-UVD1 software, when used with the KG-UV6D radios, would corrupt the radio's memory.

        The KG-UV Commander software works well with the earlier Wouxun dual-band radios (KG-UVD1, KG-UV2D, KG-UV3D), and the KG-UV6 Commander software works will with the KG-UV6D radios.

        David

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
          GOOD AFTERNOON ALL,

          THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ISSUE. I AM GOING TO USE COMMANDER
          BRICK IT OR NOT.  THANKS TO KC8UNJ FOR HIS TIME AND EFFORT AND NOT GETTING TOO FANCY.

          KARL GAVE ME THE INFO I WAS LOOKING FOR, THANK YOU. (KS9E)

          TO GEORGE, I USE HI CASE FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF SIGHT PROBLEMS. ARTHRITIS MAKES
          HITTING THE SHIFT KEY DIFFICULT. USING HI CASE FOR WAS OK FOR RTTY, IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR
          EMAIL. I TEND TO 'SHOUT' BECAUSE I AM HARD OF HEARING. THANKS FOR THE LINK BUT I DON'T
          SUBSCRIBE TO THAT LINE OF THINKING.

          WAYNE,
          WS3PC/N3PC
          POTTER CO. PA - ACS/RACES