KG-UV6D SOFTWARE

  • kd2kb
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012
      THE DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED THIS RADIO HAS THIS MESSAGE FOR PROGRAMMING THE KG-UV6D:"Caution! If you use any other software to program this radio it will cause damage to the unit. You must use Wouxun KG-UV6D software to program this unit. If you use aftermarket software or software for one of the other Wouxun models it will damage the unit. When using the correct software you can not use any other file that you may have saved from another application or from another wouxun model. . You can only use files saved from the 6D software to program this radio. Files saved from other programming software will damage this unit ,repairs can not be made under warranty if this happens" IN LIGHT OF THIS INFORMATION WILL THE KG-UV6 COMMANDER BRICK THE KG-UV6D 2.5KC UNIT? WHAT CAN I SAY, I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.
      THANKS X-KD2KB
    • Chuck Graham
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012

        Maybe find out what he smokes.

        Chuck

        THE DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED THIS RADIO HAS THIS MESSAGE FOR PROGRAMMING THE KG-UV6D:"Caution! If you use any other software to program this radio it will cause damage to the unit. You must use Wouxun KG-UV6D software to program this unit. If you use aftermarket software or software for one of the other Wouxun models it will damage the unit. When using the correct software you can not use any other file that you may have saved from another application or from another wouxun model. . You can only use files saved from the 6D software to program this radio. Files saved from other programming software will damage this unit ,repairs can not be made under warranty if this happens" IN LIGHT OF THIS INFORMATION WILL THE KG-UV6 COMMANDER BRICK THE KG-UV6D 2.5KC UNIT? WHAT CAN I SAY, I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.
        THANKS X-KD2KB

        No virus found in this message.

      • Greg DeChant
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012

          Putting it bluntly: No, it will not Brick your radio.

          THE DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED THIS RADIO HAS THIS MESSAGE FOR PROGRAMMING THE KG-UV6D:"Caution! If you use any other software to program this radio it will cause damage to the unit. You must use Wouxun KG-UV6D software to program this unit. If you use aftermarket software or software for one of the other Wouxun models it will damage the unit. When using the correct software you can not use any other file that you may have saved from another application or from another wouxun model. . You can only use files saved from the 6D software to program this radio. Files saved from other programming software will damage this unit ,repairs can not be made under warranty if this happens" IN LIGHT OF THIS INFORMATION WILL THE KG-UV6 COMMANDER BRICK THE KG-UV6D 2.5KC UNIT? WHAT CAN I SAY, I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.
          THANKS X-KD2KB

        • George Tucker
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012
            I hav used the commander software on both wouxun radio and no problems

            George

            THE DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED THIS RADIO HAS THIS MESSAGE FOR PROGRAMMING THE KG-UV6D:"Caution! If you use any other software to program this radio it will cause damage to the unit. You must use Wouxun KG-UV6D software to program this unit. If you use aftermarket software or software for one of the other Wouxun models it will damage the unit. When using the correct software you can not use any other file that you may have saved from another application or from another wouxun model. . You can only use files saved from the 6D software to program this radio. Files saved from other programming software will damage this unit ,repairs can not be made under warranty if this happens" IN LIGHT OF THIS INFORMATION WILL THE KG-UV6 COMMANDER BRICK THE KG-UV6D 2.5KC UNIT? WHAT CAN I SAY, I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.
            THANKS X-KD2KB

          • Daniel J Engstrom
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012
              I have used both, on my radio, and on more then one computer!!
              YES find out what he is smoking

              Sent from my Verizon iPhone :)

[...]

              =
            • Thomas Carpenter
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
                George,
                Your using the 2 different Commander programs or the 5khz step and the 2.5khz step. Am I correct?   Not the same same program for bot radios?

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
                  GEORGE,

                  I AM USING THE 2.5 KC STEP IN THE RADIO. THE DEALER INDICATES THAT ANY OTHER SOFTWARE WILL NOT
                  WORK ON THIS RADIO (KG-UV6D V2) AND THUS HIS CAUTION NOTICE. APPARENTLY THE WOUXUN SOFTWARE
                  IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY ONE THAT WILL WORK.  MY QUESTION WOULD BE 'HAS ANYONE PROGRAMMED THE KG-UV6D V2 WITH COMMANDER?

                  THANKS,
                  WAYNE
[...]

                • Dennis Smith

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
                      Hi friends,

                      The issue here was that early versions of the Wouxun KG-UVD1 software, when used with the KG-UV6D radios, would corrupt the radio's memory.

                      The KG-UV Commander software works well with the earlier Wouxun dual-band radios (KG-UVD1, KG-UV2D, KG-UV3D), and the KG-UV6 Commander software works will with the KG-UV6D radios.

                      David

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
                        GOOD AFTERNOON ALL,

                        THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ISSUE. I AM GOING TO USE COMMANDER
                        BRICK IT OR NOT.  THANKS TO KC8UNJ FOR HIS TIME AND EFFORT AND NOT GETTING TOO FANCY.

                        KARL GAVE ME THE INFO I WAS LOOKING FOR, THANK YOU. (KS9E)

                        TO GEORGE, I USE HI CASE FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF SIGHT PROBLEMS. ARTHRITIS MAKES
                        HITTING THE SHIFT KEY DIFFICULT. USING HI CASE FOR WAS OK FOR RTTY, IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR
                        EMAIL. I TEND TO 'SHOUT' BECAUSE I AM HARD OF HEARING. THANKS FOR THE LINK BUT I DON'T
                        SUBSCRIBE TO THAT LINE OF THINKING.

                        WAYNE,
                        WS3PC/N3PC
                        POTTER CO. PA - ACS/RACES