Another Comm Port Issue

  • larryscan29617
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2012
      Device Mgr shows port 9. Tried everything I know to connect. Will not auto find or manual. PGM ready to load. I give up. SOS. Larry
    • Michael H Cox
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2012
        Can you not change the com port assignment in Device Manager?

        Thanks,

        Michael Cox

        __________

        On Jun 7, 2012, at 4:14 PM, "larryscan29617" <larryscan@...> wrote:

        Device Mgr shows port 9. Tried everything I know to connect. Will not auto find or manual. PGM ready to load. I give up. SOS. Larry

      • Larry Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2012

          Tried that also. Still doesnt work. Wonder if anyone has used any other type cable. ??????

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2012
            If you are using the proflic cable, you need to reset the driver to version 3.2.0.0. Microsoft updated the driver a couple of updates ago. Now you need to go backwards.
            Roger
            --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Williams" <larryscan@...> wrote:

            > Tried that also. Still doesnt work. Wonder if anyone has used any other type cable. ??????

          • George Tucker
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2012
              as I have found out many times there may be more then one software trying to access ports at the same time get software program find port run it to find open port also be aware of antivirus software running that canbe problem I just bought a laptop put all my software for programing radio on it had very few problems rt cables will work with commander I dont know about the newer ones ver4 also there was a cable company that made a usb generic driver that works great with everything .............good luck

              George

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2012
                also windows 7 does not like drivers even though it will load them I still use windows_xp and even windows 98

                George