Re: [KG-UV_Commander] Re: Control thru internet

  • David A. Behar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2012
      Hi George,

      With the scheme I described, the radio's frequency could be changed remotely.

      The programming protocol (i.e., the information that needs to be sent into the radio to reprogram it) does not require that you totally reprogram the radio; rather, if you just wanted to change to another programmed channel, you would only need to send just the information which specifies the new "current channel".  I'd guess that if just the minimal info is sent to the radio, it could be reprogrammed and then reboot in less than ten seconds.

      This is not a trivial project, but I could easily explain to someone what data would need to be fed into the radio.  But to actually make this work, you would require someone to design (and build) a hardware interface for the radio which switches the mic and spkr connections on the radio between the programming cable and some kind of audio/PTT interface.  Also, someone would need to take the time to write a software program which sends the necessary data into the radio.

      But if anybody wants to tackle this project of remotely controlling the radio, I'd be glad to explain exactly what data needs to be sent into the radio to change to a different channel... or even to change to any frequency within the range of the radio.

      David

      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2012
        Kudos for a clever hack, David! I had never considered using that method just to change the current freq.