KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta available

  • jimbo_48393
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2012
      KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:

      http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html

      0.1.3 beta

      - Ability to program band limits removed
      - Ability to create new files from scratch added
      - Added support for native serial cable (non-usb cables)
      - Admin rights no longer required to run (still required for installation)
      - Revised import of TW files - eliminates possibility of importing invalid data
      - Auto shift now configurable via ini file in program folder
      - Added option selection for auto-fill of transmit freq
      - Fixed workaround for WINE, for error writing to radio (let me know if it works)
      - Fixed invalid warning message when exiting options dialog
      - Fixed error messages when importing CSV with blank channels
      - Select All option added to Edit menu
      - Auto shift setting moved to options screen
      - Auto-Size Columns moved to View menu

      Feedback is appreciated.

      Jim
      KC8UNJ
    • Terry
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2012
        And before anyone starts asking,
        it clearly states that it is:-

        NOT compatible with the KG_UV6D

        --
        Comint

        > KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:
        >
        > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html

      • Enrique A. Wembagher LU8EFF
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 22, 2012
          Jim,
          congratulations, and thanks for your work
          73 Enrique LU8EFF

          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
          From: jimbo_48393@...
          To: lu8eff@...
          Date: 01:09:01, 22.04.2012
          Subject: [KG-UV_Commander] KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta available
          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

          >>KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:
          >>
          >> http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html
          >>

          >> 0.1.3 beta
          >>
          >> - Ability to program band limits removed
          >> - Ability to create new files from scratch added
          >> - Added support for native serial cable (non-usb cables)
          >> - Admin rights no longer required to run (still required for installation)
          >> - Revised import of TW files - eliminates possibility of importing invalid data
          >> - Auto shift now configurable via ini file in program folder
          >> - Added option selection for auto-fill of transmit freq
          >> - Fixed workaround for WINE, for error writing to radio (let me know if it works)
          >> - Fixed invalid warning message when exiting options dialog
          >> - Fixed error messages when importing CSV with blank channels
          >> - Select All option added to Edit menu
          >> - Auto shift setting moved to options screen
          >> - Auto-Size Columns moved to View menu
          >>

          >> Feedback is appreciated.
          >>
          >> Jim
          >> KC8UNJ

          >> -----
          >> Se certific�� que el correo no contiene virus.
          >> Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
          >> Versi��n: 2012.0.1913 / Base de datos de virus: 2411/4952 - Fecha de la versi��n: 22/04/2012

        • John Wilkerson
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22, 2012
            After writing to radio, still only allows access to first 10 memories of my
            2m/220 radio.  Note this is the FIRST generation unit.  My 2m/440
            radios do not have this problem, as they are second generation units.  (the bug
            was squashed in the previous version of this software)  It is likely any owners
            of 2nd gen and above uvs won't see my problem

            > KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:
            >
            > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html
            >

            > 0.1.3 beta
            >
            > - Ability to program band limits removed
            > - Ability to create new files from scratch added
            > - Added support for native serial cable (non-usb cables)
            > - Admin rights no longer required to run (still required for installation)
            > - Revised import of TW files - eliminates possibility of importing invalid
            data
            > - Auto shift now configurable via ini file in program folder
            > - Added option selection for auto-fill of transmit freq
            > - Fixed workaround for WINE, for error writing to radio (let me know if it
            >works)
            > - Fixed invalid warning message when exiting options dialog
            > - Fixed error messages when importing CSV with blank channels
            > - Select All option added to Edit menu
            > - Auto shift setting moved to options screen
            > - Auto-Size Columns moved to View menu
            >

            > Feedback is appreciated.
            >
            > Jim
            > KC8UNJ

          • John Wilkerson
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 22, 2012
              Ok... NOW, of course, one must always be a good tester before coming to a FINAL
              conclusion.  The original "load" when read and rewrote to the radio created the
              error as listed below.   Importing the wouxun software load and writing from
              commander gives proper frequency operation (yay) but has the settings of the
              radio skewed..... no matter, I reset under Commander, and rewrote.  All is well
              :)  I still need to read from wouxun software save out and re-import to see if
              the glitch is gone.

              At any rate, my first-generation unit IS happy with commander, once it gets a
              "clean" load. (one without any corruption from other software and such)

               I have not tried a file from scratch yet, I assume it will be fine.

              At any rate, commander is now 100% useable across all 3 of my kgs now!!

              Thanks :)

              > After writing to radio, still only allows access to first 10 memories of my
              > 2m/220 radio.  Note this is the FIRST generation unit.  My 2m/440
              > radios do not have this problem, as they are second generation units.  (the bug
              >
              > was squashed in the previous version of this software)  It is likely any owners
              >
              > of 2nd gen and above uvs won't see my problem

            • jwheatleyus
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012
                I must ask- Why remove Band Limits setting?
                JohnW
                W5JHW

                --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "jimbo_48393" <jimbo_48393@...> wrote:

                > KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:
                >
                > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html
                >

                > 0.1.3 beta
                >
                > - Ability to program band limits removed
                > - Ability to create new files from scratch added
                > - Added support for native serial cable (non-usb cables)
                > - Admin rights no longer required to run (still required for installation)
                > - Revised import of TW files - eliminates possibility of importing invalid data
                > - Auto shift now configurable via ini file in program folder
                > - Added option selection for auto-fill of transmit freq
                > - Fixed workaround for WINE, for error writing to radio (let me know if it works)
                > - Fixed invalid warning message when exiting options dialog
                > - Fixed error messages when importing CSV with blank channels
                > - Select All option added to Edit menu
                > - Auto shift setting moved to options screen
                > - Auto-Size Columns moved to View menu
                >

                > Feedback is appreciated.
                >
                > Jim
                > KC8UNJ

              • Bob Hawkins
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012

                  This is nice work.  I like the band limits removed so I can hear the airport traffic at the little airport next to my house.  I will try the program out!

                  I must ask- Why remove Band Limits setting?
                  JohnW
                  W5JHW

                  --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "jimbo_48393" <jimbo_48393@...> wrote:

                  > KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:
                  >
                  > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html
                  >

                  > 0.1.3 beta
                  >
                  > - Ability to program band limits removed
                  > - Ability to create new files from scratch added
                  > - Added support for native serial cable (non-usb cables)
                  > - Admin rights no longer required to run (still required for installation)
                  > - Revised import of TW files - eliminates possibility of importing invalid data
                  > - Auto shift now configurable via ini file in program folder
                  > - Added option selection for auto-fill of transmit freq
                  > - Fixed workaround for WINE, for error writing to radio (let me know if it works)
                  > - Fixed invalid warning message when exiting options dialog
                  > - Fixed error messages when importing CSV with blank channels
                  > - Select All option added to Edit menu
                  > - Auto shift setting moved to options screen
                  > - Auto-Size Columns moved to View menu
                  >

                  > Feedback is appreciated.
                  >
                  > Jim
                  > KC8UNJ

                • Mike Katz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012

                    Thanks for the software ….

                    PayPal donation sent.

                    Mike

                    This is nice work.  I like the band limits removed so I can hear the airport traffic at the little airport next to my house.  I will try the program out!

                    I must ask- Why remove Band Limits setting?
                    JohnW
                    W5JHW

                    --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "jimbo_48393" <jimbo_48393@...> wrote:

                    > KG-UV Commander 0.1.3 beta is now available for download from my page:
                    >
                    > http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html
                    >

                    > 0.1.3 beta
                    >
                    > - Ability to program band limits removed
                    > - Ability to create new files from scratch added
                    > - Added support for native serial cable (non-usb cables)
                    > - Admin rights no longer required to run (still required for installation)
                    > - Revised import of TW files - eliminates possibility of importing invalid data
                    > - Auto shift now configurable via ini file in program folder
                    > - Added option selection for auto-fill of transmit freq
                    > - Fixed workaround for WINE, for error writing to radio (let me know if it works)
                    > - Fixed invalid warning message when exiting options dialog
                    > - Fixed error messages when importing CSV with blank channels
                    > - Select All option added to Edit menu
                    > - Auto shift setting moved to options screen
                    > - Auto-Size Columns moved to View menu
                    >

                    > Feedback is appreciated.
                    >
                    > Jim
                    > KC8UNJ

                  • Terry
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012
                      Bob

                      I think you are very confused.

                      The aeronautical band frequencies are AM, and the KG_UV radios
                      are FM ONLY.

                      As for the Band Limits, the Statement is:-

                      "Ability to program band limits is removed."

                      which means that the Band Limits cannot be changed with this
                      program. For example: If the Band Limits in your radio are set to
                      the Amateur Bands only, then you will not be able to change them
                      with this release.

                      --
                      Comint

                      > This is nice work. I like the band limits removed so I can hear
                      > the airport traffic at the little airport next to my house. I
                      > will try the program out!

                    • Bob Hawkins
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012

                        Obviously I am.  I did not know that.  Thank you for pointing it out.   I did like the software it is the easiest to use that I have found so far.  It is even better than Chirp.

                        The aeronautical band frequencies are AM, and the KG_UV radios
                        are FM ONLY.

                        As for the Band Limits, the Statement is:-

                        "Ability to program band limits is removed."

                        which means that the Band Limits cannot be changed with this
                        program. For example: If the Band Limits in your radio are set to
                        the Amateur Bands only, then you will not be able to change them
                        with this release.

                        --
                        Comint

                        > This is nice work. I like the band limits removed so I can hear
                        > the airport traffic at the little airport next to my house. I
                        > will try the program out!

                      • Derek Turner
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 25, 2012
                          Actually the Wouxun will produce acceptable audio from an AM source if it is very close to the transmitter and tuned slightly off.

                          Surely the horse has bolted on the band limit issue ?

                          73 de G4SWY Del +++