Re: [KG-UV_Commander] Welcome new members!

  • Jay Rutherford
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 20, 2011
      John,

      I'm sure you've explored all of this thoroughly, but what about the
      following: initially read the radio with KG-UV Commander and save it.
      Then read the saved file, add some stuff to memory channels (more than
      10), and write it back to the radio. Any difference from your earlier
      results?

      The only problem I had with my 2m/220 HT was when I tried to use an old
      2m/440 file, that "bricked" my radio until I wrote the original file to
      the radio to recover it.

      73 Jay K3BH

      On 12/20/2011 07:09 PM, John Wilkerson wrote:
      > When a programming file is loaded by commander, and loaded into the radio, I
      > only see the first 10 channels. For some reason, the .tw file gets corrupted
      > and locks the radio. I have one of the first generation 2m/220 models.
    • wouxunus
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 20, 2011
        One thing you must be careful with when using Commander is its ability to write frequency limits to the radio. If you have limits inserted that the radio can not handle, you will have problems. This is especially true for the 2m/220 radios and has been known to lock them up.

        73
        Ed
        www.Wouxun.US

        --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, John Wilkerson <jl_wilkerson@...> wrote:

        > When a programming file is loaded by commander, and loaded into the radio, I
        > only see the first 10 channels.  For some reason, the .tw file gets corrupted
        > and locks the radio.  I have one of the first generation 2m/220 models.

      • Alamo Alamo
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 20, 2011
          I  can tell you about on thing that I was about to pull my hair out with.

          #1. I now highly recommend the travel plus cd rom for programming any of your radios.

          When using this software there are about 3 or 4 different ways to 'export' the data the program generates.

          The ONLY way to use it with any other program (like the one for my kenwood) and especially the KG UV software is to export it using the 'radio programming format' button. There is only one button that works. All others won't. It took me about 2 hours or more of trial and error to figure this out.

          Once you export it using that and only that format then importing the data is a breeze.

          I tried about half a dozen different ways and none worked. Until I hit the magic button.

          You can program the radio for where you are at (or will be) in a snap with the Travel Plus CD.

          Welcome new members to your KG-UV_Commander group!

          I encourage new members and not-so-new members to share with our group your experiences, successes, and challenges with Jim Mitchell's KG-UV Commander software.  Thanks!

          David / K7DB

        • John Wilkerson
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 22, 2011
            No problem there

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 22, 2011
              A commander file.  Original Wouxun .tw file, read into commander, then saved back to the radio.  I'm still working on different configs.  What I have left to do is create a "test" file, problem is, I haven't figured out how to create a new file from scratch.I can just kill memories and recreate them that way from a loaded file, though, so it isn't a "real" problem.

              I had this same problem with my uvd1 2m/440 radios too, until the author released the latest version and "killed the bug"

              Will update as I progress

              I think it would help to explain whether "programming file" means a TW file or a Commander file.

              I think it would help to post somewhere (maybe create a folder in this group's Files section) any involved files -- TW and/or Commander.  It could also be helpful to post the C:\Program Files\KG-UV Commander\write.log file produced by KG-UV Commander when you write to the radio.  Another thing that could be useful would be a binary dump of the radio (using the OWX program posted at folder http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wouxun_KG-UVD1/files/Software%20%26%20Drivers/Command%20Line%20Util/ in zip file wouxun_linux-src_win32-cygwin-binary.zip).

            • John Wilkerson
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 22, 2011
                > I'm sure you've explored all of this thoroughly, but what about the
                > following: initially read the radio with KG-UV Commander and save it.
                > Then read the saved file, add some stuff to memory channels (more than
                > 10), and write it back to the radio. Any difference from your earlier
                > results?

                Just tried that now.  No good.  Made sure radio was well within bang limits,
                even deleted my listen only weather frequency... no dice.

                That has exhausted all options.
              • Terry
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 22, 2011
                  Just to clarify a point.

                  .TW files are the native Wouxun Programming data files, and are
                  not directly usable with Commander.

                  Commander data files have a .uvd extension.

                  --
                  Comint

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 6, 2012
                    Well... at any rate, I can download the radio's data into Commander, then
                    re-upload it with commander, and the problem still exists.

                    > .TW files are the native Wouxun Programming data files, and are
                    > not directly usable with Commander.
                    >
                    > Commander data files have a .uvd extension.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Comint
                    >

                    > > When a programming file is loaded by commander, and loaded into the radio, I
                    > > only see the first 10 channels.  For some reason, the .tw file gets
                    corrupted
                    > > and locks the radio.  I have one of the first generation 2m/220 models.

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 31, 2012
                      I now have explored ALL options, with the same result. I wrote a brand new file in Commander, and it Still won't allow me to access more than 10 channels. Radio was locked in ham only frequencies and programmed to ham only frequencies to prevent any issues there. Wouxun software and Chirp have no issues with this radio.

                      Again: Bear in mind this ONLY affects the 2m/220 version, the UHf version HAD the same bug until the latest Commander update.