Re: Commander won't Read or Write Files????

  • jimbo_48393
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 20, 2011
      Not sure what would cause that. If you have any network drives mapped, disconnect them and try again.

      Jim
      KC8UNJ

      --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "jwheatleyus" <taoswheat@...> wrote:

      > I have not made any changes other than Windows updates. I thought an uninstall and reinstall would be the fix but not any change. I hoped the developer might chime in with an idea of what could cause the File dialog to fail to display. I have a spare computer that works, so a little wait doesn't hurt.
      > JohnW
      > W5JHW
      >
      > --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, JOHN HENRY DAVIS <johnhenrydavisjr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > *John, have you recently made some changes to your system or installed some
      > > new software that may be causing this, possibly doing a system restore of
      > > your computer back to a date when Commander was working properly could be
      > > the fix
      > > *
      > >
      > > --
      > >

      > > Thank You and have a Great Day !!
      > >
      > > John Henry Davis, Jr.

    • Steve Peterson
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 21, 2011

        Did you open from a jump drive?  Or save to one?  Stick it back in and save to your HDD.

        On Oct 17, 2011 9:36 PM, "jwheatleyus" <taoswheat@...> wrote:

        I have been using KG-UV Commander since it became available with no problems until now- It will Read or Write to the radio, but if I try any file operation like Save, Open, etc, the program hangs. For example, if I hit Save, no Save Dialog appears and all key presses give an error sound. I have to use Task Manager to kill the process.
        I uninstalled and reinstalled with no effect.
        Any ideas?
        JohnW
        W5JHW

      • jwheatleyus
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 21, 2011
          Operating from hard drive only. Very strange- the program is waiting for user input but no file open dialog is visible.
          JohnW
          W5JHW

          --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Steve Peterson <sjpete75@...> wrote:

          > Did you open from a jump drive? Or save to one? Stick it back in and save
          > to your HDD.
          > On Oct 17, 2011 9:36 PM, "jwheatleyus" <taoswheat@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I have been using KG-UV Commander since it became available with no
          > > problems until now- It will Read or Write to the radio, but if I try any
          > > file operation like Save, Open, etc, the program hangs. For example, if I
          > > hit Save, no Save Dialog appears and all key presses give an error sound. I
          > > have to use Task Manager to kill the process.
          > > I uninstalled and reinstalled with no effect.
          > > Any ideas?
          > > JohnW
          > > W5JHW

        • Steve Peterson
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 21, 2011

            Darn.

            On Oct 21, 2011 4:59 PM, "jwheatleyus" <taoswheat@...> wrote:

            Operating from hard drive only. Very strange- the program is waiting for user input but no file open dialog is visible.
            JohnW
            W5JHW

            --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, Steve Peterson <sjpete75@...> wrote:

            > Did you open from a jump drive? Or save to one? Stick it back in and save
            > to your HDD.
            > On Oct 17, 2011 9:36 PM, "jwheatleyus" <taoswheat@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I have been using KG-UV Commander since it became available with no
            > > problems until now- It will Read or Write to the radio, but if I try any
            > > file operation like Save, Open, etc, the program hangs. For example, if I
            > > hit Save, no Save Dialog appears and all key presses give an error sound. I
            > > have to use Task Manager to kill the process.
            > > I uninstalled and reinstalled with no effect.
            > > Any ideas?
            > > JohnW
            > > W5JHW

          • Chuck Graham
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 21, 2011

              In case you haven’t seen this, I hadn’t, a 2 page guide is attached.

              Enjoy,

              Chuck Graham, KI6DCD

              EDS/SATERN Cochairman

              Salvation Army Concord Corps

            • jwheatleyus
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 13, 2012
                Problem Resolved- It was really a sneaky one. I have a seldom used second monitor that I use with PSDR and my Kenwood TS-940SAT. The KG-UV Commander file dialog popups decided to jump to the second monitor which was not turned on, thus the popups were hidden. I don't know what caused the file popups to change monitors, but I know to be aware of this action next time.
                JohnW
                W5JHW