Re: Support for other radios?

  • yrlesdude
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011
      Thanks for all the feedback.

      It seems that as the radio does not have FCC cert it may not be operated in jurisdictions under FCC. The HT; however, does appear to have CE mark and claims compliance with various ETSI standards listed on the back page of the user manual. So unless there is evidence to indicate otherwise, it looks like I will bring this on my next trip to ETSI member jurisdictions and operate via CEPT.

      What I have not heard is whether there is any interest in extending Commander support for the UV-3R as I suspect there may be subscribers outside FCC jurisdictions who may be interested in better programming software for this quickly popular HT. Just a thought.

      73, -Kai(KB2TRW)

      --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, John Wilkerson <jl_wilkerson@...> wrote:

      > We have been over and over this. ALL *commercially manufactured* radios need at
      > least a Part 15 approval  I The wouxun part 90 automatically includes part 15
      > compliance.  No fcc id.. not legal, even for a ham.
      >

      > I really need to get this and the corresponding rules on my website so i can
      > avoid all the typing every time this comes up.

    • yrlesdude
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 21, 2011
        Hi,

        The UV-3R's FCCID is ZP5BF-3R. According to documents posted with the commission, the radio is part 90 certified.

        Documents filed with the FCC can be found here:

        https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=186528&fcc_id=%27ZP5BF-3R%27