Re: Narrow band programming

  • Dave Knapp
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2011
      Does anyone know if China is aware of this? It would be nice if they could fix this in future shipments/models, so emergency services could use these here in the USA- they are a great little radio!

      --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, "KB5ILY - Travis W. Burton" <kb5ily@...> wrote:

      > Yes, the problem is in all 3 radios. Checking the FCC ID# on all three,
      > it is the same number, indicating that there is really only one radio. So
      > a frequency step issue in one will be in all.
      > There are several model numbers KG-UV1D/1DP/2D/3D, however the only
      > diferences are minor software tweeks and minor case mods, based on how the
      > destributor ordered the changable features.
      >
      > On Tue, 31 May 2011, Dave Knapp wrote:
      >
      > > One more question: Is this narrow band situation in only the KG-UVD1
      > > or is it the same in the KG-UV2D/UV3D etc. as well?
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- In KG-UV_Commander@yahoogroups.com, John Wilkerson <jl_wilkerson@> wrote:

      > 73 de Travis KB5ILY
      > 870-260-6068 (Phone)
      > --
      > Travis W. Burton, NP, ESQ., KB5ILY / Arkadelphia AR
      > President, DeGray Amateur Radio club, Inc.
      > EC - Clark County AR / Assist. District Emergency Coord., SW District
      > SATERN, ARRL Instructor & VE, AREC I, II & III
      > W5YI Instructor
      > Internet: mailto:kb5ily@...
      > WWW: http://www.kb5ily.org
      > GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA
      > Only he who Attempts the Ridiculous can Achieve the Impossible. (WILL HENRY)
      > Linux is my operating system of choice.
      >
      > Computers are like Air Conditioners,
      > they stop working correctly when you open windows.

    • Kuby
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2011
        Does anyone know the measured KG-3 Deviation on a long "4" is on:
        Narrow band
        Wide band
        DTMF

        It is not listed in any spec's I can find.....

        N6JSX/8