Oldies Rock Radio Airchecks

  • donmcdonald_kd2
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2004
      I just posted a Link to http://www.rockradioscrapbook.com, a great
      site put up by Dale Patterson. He has collected and posted an
      extensive archive of airchecks (well known broadcast DJs, such as Alan
      Freed, Hound Dog Lorenz, Dick Biondi, and many more, introducing songs
      and talking, including advertisements) from 1955 to present. Also,
      read rock radio historical information. Many of the airchecks are
      from stations in Ontario and New York. Generally, the recordings
      on the website are a few to 15 minutes long, and the center parts of
      the songs are edited out, so most of the time is talk. I listened
      carefully to the 1955-1970 airchecks, remembering why we spent so much
      of our money (for me from 55-62 it was ALL my allowances) on records -
      it was so time-consuming waiting and wondering when the good songs
      would be played again. Dale Patterson has done a fabulous job with
      the airchecks & history.
      Nowadays, at least on KD Radio, we play the good songs non-stop.
      KD Radio's Steve Ricketts has worked to get a pleasant balance of
      music, talk, and ads.
      Don