Couple of upcoming [relatively close] fests

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      Couple of fests coming up that I'm planning on heading to, and would dig any company cool enough to join in. In chronological (but anti-proximity) order:

      June 19-21 (only two weekends hence!): Boulder Juggling Fest at the Boulder Circus Center in Boulder, CO (really, I just wanted to type Boulder one more time). I've got the 19th off, so am hoping to bolt out of here nice and early. Pretty sure we can snag some crash space for those not wanting to shell out to many clams. Jared from AR sounds like he's in the carpool/caravan, too. http://www.bouldercircuscenter.com/Festival.html

      June 26-27 (only three weekends hence!): Flatland Juggling Fest in Lincoln, NE (this year). It's free, it's in 3D, and is one of the coolest fests (second to the Little Apple Juggling Fest, of course, but I'm a bit biased :) ). Not as sure about crash space here, but I'm toying with the idea of hauling the RV to this one...a bit more manageable financially, but still pricey.

      So if you're even the least bit interested in joining in a carpool/caravan to either of these fests, let's get the dialogue going now and sort it all out. Bound to be tons of fun, and especially if you've never been to a juggling fest, you'd really ought to kick around the idea of going.

      --Ryan
    • nick civitello
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009

        Thanks for posting the update for us!

        1.  Nadine and I bought a motorhome, and we hope to take it to these fests.  It can sleep 6, if you're very friendly, 3 if you want your own bed.  I am on the fence about going to boulder, but if a couple of you want to go and chip in for gas, the motorhome will be on its way.  You would also be welcome to stay in it, so you wouldnt have to worry about paying for a hotel room.  Where it will be parked is still yet to be determined.

        2.  We will definately be going to flatlands, and hope to see you all there!

        3.  Those of you who get juggle magazine should find an ad for our very own festival in the current issue.  Please make sure you are all getting the word out everywhere you go!  (this includes work, church, public restrooms, etc.  It is important to get non-jugglers to come as well because the only way this festival can happen next year is if we can generate enough money to pay off this year's fest.