'New Guy' that never showed... sorry

  • none
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2010
      Hi, I'm that 'new guy' from a few months back that never showed up to the meeting. I'm a nervous individual and don't like to go places I've never been, and it's a little far for me to go to the meeting place. Like 45 min drive. I still would like to go at least once to check it out, so if I can manage to sum up the courage I'll be there sometime. I've kind of lost interest in juggling mostly because I feel I've plateaued, and haven't learned anything on my own. I mostly just taught myself tricks with 3-4 ball and 3 club, so I made them up myself and can't really come up with more. I tried to learn 5 ball by myself but gave up because I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I think to progress I need the guidance of another person. So anywho, I mostly write this just to let the group know that I still have interest.
      Also it could be that after watching PBS's documentary show "Circus" Wednesdays 8-10pm it has kindled my thoughts about juggling.

      Brian
    • nepsis
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2010
        No worries, man. We're on Wednesdays now. Not sure of the scheduling around Thanksgiving...someone else may have to comment on that. It'd be great to have you come out, though.

        I'm the same way with new groups, but have visited juggling clubs across the US in the last couple years due to travel for my job. I've found them to be pretty easy places to visit as someone new. And really, the club here in KC seems to be especially apt at making folks feel welcome.

        Anyway, come on out some Wednesday. There'll certainly be someone who can give you tips on anything you're working on, it sounds like; and if you want to pass, there's pretty much always a few who'd love to join in.

        Just came to mind: if you'd care to meet a couple of us in a less-formal, non-juggling setting, Greg and I (and maybe one or two others...?) will be meeting up at The Phoenix (downtown KC: 302 W. 8th, KCMO) tonight around 6 and hanging out for a couple hours. Great jazz there, and likely some fancy tap dancing. We'll probably be hanging out all nerdy-like playing chess or something. There are a couple other events this weekend, too, but I'll stick that in a separate post in a sec.

        Looking forward to meeting you.

        --Ryan