2012 First Trip Home - Application Announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      2012 First Trip Home - Application Announcement

      Greetings,

      As the Director of Programs, I am pleased to announce this year’s 2012
      First Trip Home.

      WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!

      Since 2008, the Global Overseas Adoptees’ Link (G.O.A.'L) First Trip
      Home has aimed to reunite adoptees with their birth families and
      provide a unique experience for the participants. First Trip Home is
      intended for adoptees that have not previously returned to Korea, and
      would like to do so in order to conduct a birth family search. Rather
      than a typical tour of Korea, our First Trip Home is centered around
      birth family search and reunion.

      This year's First Trip Home has been extended to 10 days rather than
      the usual 5 days; to include a culture tour to Jeju-do. Jeju-do is
      the island south of the peninsula and the home of Mount Halla, the
      highest mountain in South Korea.

      This year’s program will take place Thursday September 13, 2012 to
      Saturday September 22, 2012.

      Participants will receive lodging, partial meal coverage, airfare
      reimbursement**. Participants will also have the opportunity to visit
      their adoption agency and other relevant places to birth family
      search. In the case that a birth family is not located, participants
      will have the possibility of appearing on KBS or YTN to expose their
      story to the Korean public.

      Tentative Itinerary: (The finalized itinerary will be released after
      participant selection)

      Day 1: Check-in, Registration, Orientation, Opening Ceremony

      Day 2-4: Jeju-do Trip

      Day 5-10: Birth Family Search, cultural activities, free time and
      Closing Ceremony

      **Travel reimbursement is up to 500,000 Korean Won (reimbursement will
      be paid in Korean Won and will be calculated based on the day you
      purchase your airfare to your local currency). Reimbursement is
      available in the order of application. You will be reimbursed 50% upon
      arrival, and 50% upon departure.

      Multi-destination itineraries are not eligible for reimbursement (a
      transient lay-over of less than 10 hours is not considered
      multi-destination).

      To apply, please visit our online application: G.O.A.’L 2012 FIRST
      TRIP HOME APPLICATION
      *Please note, email address is required to confirm your registration
      and application

      Our Selection Criteria is based upon the following:
      1) Never returned to Korea since adoption;
      2) Availability of birth family search information;

      *selection process is NOT determined by when application is submitted.

      APPLICATION DEADLINE: SATURDAY, JUNE 30, 2012: 23:59 KST
      Paris/Copenhagen/Geneva/Stockholm/Rome: June 30, 2012, 4:59 PM
      Los Angeles, June 30, 2012, 7:59 AM
      New York, June 30, 2012, 10:59 AM

      SELECTED PARTICIPANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL ON FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2012.

      If you have further questions please contact me at korea2012@...

      Aloha,

      John
      Oh Myeong Seok