Survey for Korean Adult Adoptees by Korean Danish Adoptee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2011
      Life satisfaction among adult transnational Korean adoptees

      Despite the long history of adoption from Korea, adult adoptees remain
      an underresearched group in adoption studies. Therefore, with a focus
      on adult adoptees, this study aims to explore the specific factors
      influencing subjective life satisfaction among adult transnational
      Korean adoptees. Concrete knowledge about the influence of
      adoption-specific circumstances will allow distinct characteristics of
      the adoption experience to surface and thereby help us to understand
      the experience of adoption in general and develop effective services
      for transnational Korean adoptees in particular. The survey consists
      of 8 sections (each with several questions) and will take
      approximately 10-15 minutes to fill out. You will automatically be
      taken to the following section upon completion of each section.

      Click here for the link
      http://www.goal.or.kr/survey/index.php?sid=58694&lang=en.

      Message from Master's Degree Candidate Boonyoung Han - A Korean Danish Adoptee

      Dear Participant,
      My name is Boonyoung Han. I am a graduate student seeking my Master's
      degree in Social Work at Soongsil University, Korea and a Korean
      adoptee. I have since my return to Korea through my involvement in
      various adoptee organizations witnessed many positive changes for
      adoptees. However, I also find that much about the adoption experience
      remains to be unfolded. I would therefore like to invite you to take
      part in a research study designed to learn more about the factors
      influencing the life satisfaction among adult transnational Korean
      adoptees. I am conducting this survey for my Master's Thesis and hope
      that YOU will be generous enough to share your invaluable experiences
      with me. Participation is anonymous and all information will be kept
      confidential.

      If you have any questions or comments about the questionnaire or wish
      to receive a copy of the study upon completion, please do not hesitate
      to contact me.

      Disclaimer: This survey is not an official G.O.A.'L survey but is
      hosted through the G.O.A'L survey website. G.O.A.'L is not responsible
      for the content and views of the researcher.

      February, 2011
      Soongsil University, Social Welfare Graduate Program

      Supervisor: Professor Helen NOH
      Researcher: Boonyoung HAN
      E-mail: hanboonyoung@...

      There are 31 questions in this survey.

      A note on privacy: This survey is anonymous. The record kept of your
      survey responses does not contain any identifying information about
      you unless a specific question in the survey has asked for this. If
      you have responded to a survey that used an identifying token to allow
      you to access the survey, you can rest assured that the identifying
      token is not kept with your responses. It is managed in a separate
      database, and will only be updated to indicate that you have (or
      haven't) completed this survey. There is no way of matching
      identification tokens with survey responses in this survey.