Fwd: Korea Trip Scholarships AvailableShare

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2008
      Korea Trip Scholarships AvailableShare

      KAAN is supporting Carolyn Scholl ( a Korean Adoptee who is
      vice president of AKA Southern California) to lead an adoptee trip to
      Korea following our conference. Carolyn raised $15,000 for adoptee
      scholarships for her trip through a Korean organization called Melody
      of
      Life. KAAN's only role is lending its non-profit status to Carolyn so
      that the Korean organization could raise money for a non-profit. All
      of
      the funds Carolyn raised go to support the trip.

      The trip will leave July 22nd, actually late night on July 21st and
      return on July 30th. The cost is $2450 including airfare, lodging, and
      most meals. For those with financial need and for whom it is a first
      trip
      to Korea, we have several scholarships remaining. The scholarship is
      for
      half the cost, so the cost for them would be $1500 - but that includes
      airfare as I said.

      Also for anyone going on this trip, we have someone willing to donate
      the
      cost of their KAAN Conference registration and hotel during the
      conference if they want to attend, since it is just prior to the trip.

      I am helping Carolyn to get the word out as she has about 15 slots
      remaining. Anyone who is interested should contact Carolyn at
      carolynscholl@... . They can also get more information and
      application forms on our website at www.friendsofkorea.org click on
      Adoptee Trip to Korea. Because the airline needs a deposit to hold the
      space, the application deadline is April 15th!!

      IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED PLEASE PASS THIS
      INFORMATION ON TO THEM TOO!!