· French Adoptee's Dissertation

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2003
      · French Adoptee's Dissertation

      Hello everybody,
      My name is Elise and I'm a French adoptee. I am also a PhD student in
      cultural anthropology and I would like to write my dissertation on
      Korean
      culture. I found my family in Korea in 1999 thanks to Holt foundation
      and
      that experience was so amazing that I really wanted to focuse on the
      return of the adoptees in Korea and the family reunion as my main
      subject.
      I'm just beginning, so, I'm looking for some adoptees who have found
      their
      relatives in Korea and would be pleased to tell me how it was. The
      goal
      would be to focuse on what you saw when you were there and what you
      think
      your Korean relatives thought and felt, how they behaved and what you
      actually did with them during your stay. This field is called
      anthropology
      of emotions. So, it would be more about the emotions and the
      discourse of
      your Korean family than yours - even if it's linked of course.
      Besides, if you know a scholar making some academic researches on that
      topic, I would be eager to get in touch and maybe share our
      observations.
      Thank you so much! Please contact me by email: elisewoojung@...