Ak art installation project.

  • Sunny Jo <midnight.sun@canada.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2003
      Ak art installation project.

      Hello all,
      My name is Nathalie Lemoine (aka Cho MiHee, aka Kim Byul)
      I am a Korean-Belgian artist and activist based since 1993 in Seoul.
      So
      it means next year will be my tenth year in Korea. I want to celebrate
      it with a big art installation.

      maybe you have heard of me or not (check my website
      http://www.chomihee.com) ... BUT!!!
      I would like to ask your participation ... in this mega project.

      - Title: oui mais non (yes but no / yae yae keulotjiman)
      - Date: sometime in 2003 (preferable in summer)
      - Place: Seoul (in progress)
      - Genre: Mega installation.
      - Media: nails, photocopies (paper)
      - sponsors: in search...
      - Purpose: for the anniversary of my 10 years in Korea, 10th solo
      exhibit,
      50 years of Korean adoption to mark this event with a theme close to
      my
      activism.
      - Concept: a wall of adoption photographs (1 adoptee, 1 official
      adoption
      photograph, if want a sentence or two as your wish)

      I will try to make between 150,000 (official) to 200,000 nails to
      symbolize the 150,000 (official)-200,000 overseas Korean adoptees.

      Request:
      - your baby b/w pix (adoption) by scan to this email address
      okaybook@hotmail (only) or
      hard copy to my address K. PO 1964, Seoul 110-619,S/Korea please don't
      send the original!!! it will not be returned. if you don't want your
      adoption number to be seen,i can erase it on the
      print.

      if you don't want to be recognized it can be very blured
      - korean name (initial ok)
      - adoptive name (facultative)
      - country of adoption
      - year of arrival

      Deadline: feb. 2003!!!

      Please forward this email if you know any other adoptees who might be
      interested to participate this project.
      if you have any question, please don't hesitate to ask me...

      Thank you for your attention
      Best regards,

      nath

      star~kim PROJECT (art & action)
      www.chomihee.com
      K.PO BOx 1964, Seoul 110-619, S/Korea
      2002 -2003 Projects:
      - OKAYBOOK volume 1 & 2
      - Cho Mihee's 10th solo exhibit : oui mais non
      (10 years in Korea)