OAK Artists Exhibition

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      from SEOUL WEEKLY "Hank Kim"<selector@...>
      Seoul Selection Web Site: http://www.seoulselection.com
      e-mail: selector@...
      tel: 734-9567 fax: 734-9563

      OAK Artists Exhibition - On the occasion of the 50 Years of Overseas
      Adoption, the OAK Artists Exhibition 2004 entitled "Our Adoptee, Our
      Alien" will be held from August 5 until 14 at Keumsan gallery near
      Gyeongbok Palace and Dongsanbang Gallery at Insa-dong in Seoul. Around
      12-16 adoptee artists will participate in film, video, painting,
      drawing, photography and multimedia. This show aims to minimize the
      cultural, language, and the psychological gap and develop a reciprocal
      link network between overseas adoptees and native Koreans. For venue
      info, click here. In addition, between August 4 and 8, the Korean
      Adoptee Gathering 2004 will be held at the Sofitel Ambassador Hotel in
      central Seoul. The Gathering is open to Korean adoptees from all over
      the world and is the third international event of its kind. The
      Gathering program will include presentations and workshops by adoptees,
      unique cultural events, special guests, art exhibitions and
      performances. Various social activities will be held to encourage more
      informal sharing of life stories and interaction between adoptees. For
      detailed info on the conference, click here.