Call for papers

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2002
      There is a growing group of scholars who have engaged in research on
      international transracial adoption, however, to date there has been
      no effort to bring together findings into a collection. Dr. Dong Soo
      Kim and I are working on putting together a compilation originating
      out of varied disciplines and perspectives to inform fellow scholars,
      practitioners, parents, adoptees, and the adoptive community-at-large
      of up-to-date research.

      The project is aimed at furthering the interdisciplinary discourse on
      the construction, context, and impact of international transracial
      adoption. We seek to organize a collection of succinct statements
      (approximately 5,000 words or less) from a variety of people working
      mainly in academic and professional fields such as individual and
      social psychology, ethnic studies, sociology, social work, and
      anthropology.

      Each essay will highlight (1) their individual work or research
      endeavor and (2) the implications of their work to furthering the
      understanding of the field of international transracial adoption,
      from either a practice or policy perspective. We expect that the
      cumulative effect of this collection will make a strong statement
      regarding the need for continued discourse.

      If you are interested in learning more about this project and/or
      would like to submit a proposal for consideration - please feel free
      to call me directly at (309) 438-2408 (office) or by email at
      klbergq@....

      Kathleen Ja Sook Bergquist, Ph.D.
      Illinois State University
      School of Social Work