916research request

    Jan 7, 2014
      all questions or replies should be sent to dartl22a@...
      Hi,

      My name is Anna-Nicole Dartley, and I am pursuing my B.A. in psychology at Mount Holyoke College. I would like to invite you to participate in a study of Asian transracial adoptees that focuses on experiences of discrimination. Being an Asian transracial adoptee myself, I know what it is like be viewed one way and treated another way, as well experiencing discrimination. For my thesis, I am exploring how we deal with experiences of discrimination. To date there are no past studies on transracial adoptees experiences with discrimination. I hope to discover how these instances affect identity.

      I am looking for female participants over the age of 18, who were adopted from Korea and China, whose parent(s) are White, to participate in an a personal interview. You will compensated with a $10 gift card to the store of your choice. The interviews will be conducted either in person or via Skype. The interview will be approximately 90 minutes.

      Thank you very much for considering my request. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to email me (dartl22a@...), or my advisor, Patricia Ramsey (pramsey@...). If you have friends who might be willing to be interviewed, please forward my invitation.

      Thank you! Anna-Nicole Dartley

      To friends and family of adoptees - if you know any Korean or Chinese transracial adoptees (children, family, friends, etc.) who might be willing to complete this interview, please forward my invitation!