907Reasearch request

    Dec 12, 2011
      Hello,

      My name is Danielle Godon, and I am pursuing my M.A. in psychology at
      Mount Holyoke College. I would like to invite you to participate in a
      study of Korean adoptees that focuses on sense of belonging to one’s
      birth and adoptive groups.

      Being a Korean adoptee myself, I know what it is like to look one way,
      but sometimes feel another way. For my thesis, I am exploring how we
      navigate between feelings of similarity and difference. Since past
      studies have indicated some Korean adoptees feel like outsiders
      amongst both White people and Korean people, I hope to discover
      factors facilitate positive interpretations of difference.

      I am looking for people who were adopted from Korea, by a White parent
      or parents, to participate in an online survey that takes about 30
      minutes to complete. To compensate you for your time, at the end of
      the survey, you will have the option to be entered into three raffles
      for $50 each. If you are interested in taking the survey, please click
      the link below. After completing the survey, you will also have an
      option to volunteer for a one-hour interview over the phone; if you
      are selected, you will receive at $20 gift card to the store of your
      choice. This survey is open to all Korean adoptees worldwide.

      Thank you very much for considering my request. If you have questions,
      please do not hesitate to email me (godon22d@...), or my
      advisor, Patricia Ramsey (pramsey@...). If you have friends
      who might be willing to complete this survey, please send them the
      link!

      Thank you!

      Danielle Godon

      Here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QC2KXZ2