K5R update

  • kd5pck
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2010
      All:
      This year, the special event station, K5R, will be planning to operate a few modes we have not in the past. Look for digital modes within the general portions of the bands as well as CW.
      One of our operators will not be able to make it to our main operating QTH but will be operating from a location in Mt. Hermon, Louisiana. Eric, AC5CW, will be operating from a location close to Mt. Hermon High School. This school was used as a shelter for the employees of Jefferson Parish when Hurricane Katrina made landfall and later was used as a distribution center for supplies coming in from around the country. Look for Eric operating QRP on 40 meters.
      I plan to update our operating frequencies, modes, etc. throughout the special event via Twitter. You can follow me @kd5pck for updates.

      Hope to hear you on the air.

      Scott
      KD5PCK