5th annual K5R special event station 2010

  • kd5pck
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2010
      Our club started this special event station one year after the hurricanes. To the best of my knowledge, we are the only special event station that has been commemorating these two tragic events. The goal of the event was to spread the word that the city of New Orleans was not the only city affected by Hurricane Katrina. Many communities on the Mississippi coast were almost removed completely from the map. The same occurred along the coasts of Texas and Louisiana when Hurricane Rita made landfall almost one month later.

      The Southeast Louisiana Amateur Radio Club (SELARC) will be sponsoring the 5th annual special event station, K5R, to commemorate the anniversaries of Hurricanes Katrina & Rita. Operations will take place on Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, 2010, from 1400-2000 UTC each day. Club members will be operating on 7.250 and 14.250 mHz (+/- QRM), and also in other areas of the general portions of the HF bands. Please send a SASE for a QSL to: SELARC/K5R, P.O. Box 1324, Hammond, LA 70404.

      Hope to work you on the air!

      73
      Scott
      KD5PCK