EDUCATION: K-12: DISCUSSION GROUPS: New Discussion Group on Yahoo Groups: K12ADMIN

  • David P. Dillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2005
      EDUCATION: K-12: DISCUSSION GROUPS: New Discussion Group on Yahoo Groups:
      K12ADMIN

      Upon hearing the sad news of
      the end of K12ADMIN on the Syracuse
      University Listserv Server,
      I contacted the leader of the education
      organization Life of Florida,
      Terri Willingham, and asked her to consider
      creation of a place on Yahoo Groups
      where the K12ADMIN list could
      continue. She moved on this with
      faster than lightning speed and I am
      able to tell you that this list is
      now alive on Yahoo Groups for any who
      want to continue this list.
      I hope that one of the roles of this group
      will be the sharing of useful education
      sources in print, online and on
      the internet as well as continuing
      the tradition of discussing and
      debating many issues in education.

      I had already posted about this development,
      the impending loss of the K12ADMIN list, to
      the Net-Gold and MediaMentor lists.

      From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@...>
      Date: Wed Dec 7, 2005 10:20 pm
      Subject: EDUCATION: K12: DISCUSSION GROUPS:
      K12ADMIN DISCUSSION GROUP:
      Loss of a Very Important Elementary Secondary
      Education Discussion Group Resource
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/9695>

      Now I can give you the basic contact
      particulars for the Yahoo Groups
      K12ADMIN list.

      K12ADMIN Discussion Group on Yahoo Groups
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12Admin/>

      Group Email Addresses

      Related Link: http://www.LIFEofFlorida.org
      Post message: K12Admin@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: K12Admin-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Group Settings

      Membership does not require approval
      Messages from new members require approval
      All members can post messages
      Email attachments are not permitted
      Members cannot hide email address
      Listed in directory

      I most heartily welcome all who read
      this message and are interested in
      extending the life of this K12ADMIN
      venture to join this list on Yahoo
      Groups. This also means that the much
      beloved 200 line limit to messages
      will no longer be enforcable, which
      should bring great sadness to the
      posters who loved and craved this
      posting discipline. <g> Am I over 200
      lines yet?

      I also want to thank Terri Willingham,
      who is very involved in education,
      for her fast efforts in the creation
      of this list and invite any who agree
      with these sentiments to let her know
      at this contact address.

      Terri Willingham <sparrow@...>

      I hope to see you all on K12ADMIN
      Yahoo Groups style and to all who see
      this message, a great holiday season and
      wonderful New Year to all!!!

      Sincerely,
      David Dillard
      Temple University