Re: Shodashottary dasha question to PVR Ji

  • pvr108
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
      Namaste Manjunath,

      > Dear Narasimha
      > I noticed that, in JHora software the Shodashottary dasha sub
      periods
      > do not start from its own period. I was reading Shri Goel's book
      on
      > this. And in the book the sub periods start from its own ..
      > Meaning Jup-Jup first etc. But in JHora it is different. Just
      wanted
      > to bring this to your attention. Please take a look when you get a
      > chance.
      >
      > MS.

      I programmed it based on the teachings of our tradition, as conveyed
      to me by my guru Pt Sanjay Rath.

      There are three ways of reckoning antardasas in nakshatra dasas. One
      is Jupiter's way, one is Rahu's way and one is Ketu's way.
      Antardasas start with mahadasa in Jupiter's way and they end with
      mahadasa in Rahu's way and Ketu's way. They go in the reverse order
      in Rahu's way and in the normal order in Jupiter's way and Ketu's
      way.

      Suppose mahadasas are of A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. In Jupiter's
      way, antardasas in E will go as E, F, G, H, A, B, C and D. In Ketu's
      way, antardasas in E will go as F, G, H, A, B, C, D and E. In Rahu's
      way, antardasas in E will go as D, C, B, A, H, G, F and E.

      In Vimsottari dasa, Jupiter's way is used. In Ashtottari and Tithi
      Ashtottari dasas, Ketu's way is used. In Shodasottari dasa, Rahu's
      way is used.

      Even my experiements showed to me that the teachings of the
      tradition work better than just taking antardasas like in Vimsottari
      dasa in all dasas.

      In a future version of JHora, I will consider giving options so that
      those who follow other authors can get compatible calculations.
      However, I strongly recommend the above approach.

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
      Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
      Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
      Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org
    • Manjunath Sharma
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
        Namaste Narasimha
        Thank you for the clarification.Sincerely appreciate your help and
        the JHora software.
        MS

      • Pankaj
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 11, 2005
          Respected Shri Rao Saheb & dear list,
          In Case No 4 of the above article [Professional Crises : Article in JoA], it
          is mentioned that "10th lord in fall exactly on 22nd Dreshkona."; but with
          Jhora this statement does not seem to be accurate. Could someone enlighten
          me please.

          Also in Case No 5, it is mentioned that "Sun is in the 5th closely eclipsed
          by Rahu and aspected by a retrograde Jupiter."
          Jupitor's aspect always shows divine grace, but here Retro Jupitor's apect
          has been mentioned as a cause for the stagnation after the rise in career.
          Is Retro jupitor's aspect that bad?

          Regards,
          Pankaj Sharma
          Gorakhpur
        • Manoj Kumar
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 11, 2005
            Dear Pankaj,

            Can you please mention the Journal of Astrology's
            issue in which the articles mentioned by you were
            published.

            regards,

            Manoj

            --- Pankaj <ssa@...> wrote:

            > Respected Shri Rao Saheb & dear list,
            > In Case No 4 of the above article [Professional
            > Crises : Article in JoA], it
            > is mentioned that "10th lord in fall exactly on 22nd
            > Dreshkona."; but with
            > Jhora this statement does not seem to be accurate.
            > Could someone enlighten
            > me please.
            >
            > Also in Case No 5, it is mentioned that "Sun is in
            > the 5th closely eclipsed
            > by Rahu and aspected by a retrograde Jupiter."
            > Jupitor's aspect always shows divine grace, but here
            > Retro Jupitor's apect
            > has been mentioned as a cause for the stagnation
            > after the rise in career.
            > Is Retro jupitor's aspect that bad?
            >
            > Regards,
            > Pankaj Sharma
            > Gorakhpur

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Pankaj
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 12, 2005
              Dear Sir,
              Kindly see my previous mail with subject ".Professional Crisis 01 : Article
              in JoA". It is available at
              http://www.journalofastrology.com/ARTICLES/professional_crises.htm

              Regards,
              Pankaj Sharma

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 12, 2005
                Dear Pankaj,
                Even JHora gives the same results. Please check again carefully. JHL gives many options for Drekkana chart. Choose Parasara Drekkana. Check Ayanamsa etc too.
                The article shows the role of 5th house in professional disturbances which is considered an unquestionable benefic as a trinal lord.

                Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 16, 2005
                  Dear Praveen:

                  Are you the author of this article in JOA?

                  Best regards,
                  -Vijay

                  --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Praveen Kumar <chunnu2001@v...>
                  wrote:
                  > Dear Pankaj,
                  > Even JHora gives the same results. Please check again carefully.
                  JHL gives many options for Drekkana chart. Choose Parasara Drekkana.
                  Check Ayanamsa etc too.
                  > The article shows the role of 5th house in professional
                  disturbances which is considered an unquestionable benefic as a
                  trinal lord.

                  > Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)

                • Praveen Kumar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 16, 2005
                    Yes. It could be possible with the grace and blessings of Shri K.N.Rao.

                    Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)

                    wrote:
                    > Dear Pankaj,
                    > Even JHora gives the same results. Please check again carefully.
                    JHL gives many options for Drekkana chart. Choose Parasara Drekkana.
                    Check Ayanamsa etc too.
                    > The article shows the role of 5th house in professional
                    disturbances which is considered an unquestionable benefic as a
                    trinal lord.

                    > Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)

                  • satyakola
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 17, 2005
                      Dear list members,

                      Retrograde Jupiter is not necessarily too bad. In my own experience,
                      retrograde Jupiter saved my horoscope and many aspects of my life
                      very much. Please note that Shri KN Rao mentioned in one of his
                      books, that retrograde planets should be considered as being present
                      in two houses; the house they are actually placed, and the previous
                      house (I would say it as virtually placed). Thus, Jupiter aspects
                      four houses in direct motion, and aspects 8 houses in Retrograde
                      motion. In my horoscope, Jupiter is retrograde and in 8th house; and
                      hence aspects my 8th, 12th, 2nd and 4th houses based on actual
                      position, and aspects 7th, 11th, 1st and 3rd based on virtual
                      (retrograde) position.

                      In my opinion, what matters is not just Jupiter is retrograde or
                      not; in addition we should see whether Jupiter is benefic or malefic
                      for the particular Lagna. For those Lagnas when Jupiter is benefic,
                      the retrograde position may not actually do harm; and for those
                      Lagnas when Jupiter is malefic, retrograde position may be harmful.

                      It is my own experience that Jupiter is guarding my 8 houses out of
                      12, since Jupiter is considered as benefic for Karkataka Lagna (my
                      Lagna), even though he is Lord of 6th house, due its Lordship of 9th
                      house.

                      In addition, Shri KN Rao also mentioned in his book, that
                      debilitated 6th Lord (especially Jupiter) aspecting Lagna causes
                      Rajayoga. Therefore, considering Jupiter's virtual placement in my
                      7th house Makara, being 6th Lord, aspecting Lagna, causes Rajayoga.

                      We should also see his placement in Navamsha sign, before making a
                      confirmatory statement that Retrograde Jupiter is too bad, since
                      Jupiter is naturally an excellent benefic.

                      Based on the knowledge that I acquired from different sources, and
                      my own experience, I can confidently say these points. Respected
                      members may hold a different opinion based on their own experiences.

                      Please do not ask more details about my horoscope, since I don't
                      want to discuss it in public forums.

                      Regards,
                      Satya

                      wrote:
                      > Yes. It could be possible with the grace and blessings of Shri
                      K.N.Rao.

                      > Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)
                      JoA

                      > Dear Praveen:
                      >
                      > Are you the author of this article in JOA?
                      >
                      > Best regards,
                      > -Vijay
                      >

                      > --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Praveen Kumar
                      <chunnu2001@v...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > Dear Pankaj,
                      > > Even JHora gives the same results. Please check again
                      carefully.
                      > JHL gives many options for Drekkana chart. Choose Parasara
                      Drekkana.
                      > Check Ayanamsa etc too.
                      > > The article shows the role of 5th house in professional
                      > disturbances which is considered an unquestionable benefic as a
                      > trinal lord.
                      > >
                      > > Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)

                      Terms