Natal Dasas vs Tithi Pravesha

  • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2005
      Namaste Manoj ji and Manjunath garu,

      > Another question that I wanted to ask you. Will the
      > tithi pravesh chart (an old method practiced in south
      > India) indicate an event which is not indicated by
      > dasha/antardasha in one's birth chart.

      Sometimes, an event shown by TP and apparently not shown by natal chart can be experienced, because we are using a wrong dasa with the natal chart and our expectation of what the natal chart shows at that time is wrong.

      You are assuming that one knows with 100% certainty what is and is not indicated by dasa/antardasa of natal charts.

      That is often not the case. We don't know it with certainty. If you have a perfect understanding of any one technique, you don't need any other technique to make predictions. The problem is that the understanding of dasa/antardasa that most of us have is imperfect and that is why multiple techniques can help us.

      Moreover, an antardasa can last for 2-3 years. But people often need finer guidance. They are worried about the next week and month. When somebody out of job is worried about his profession and I tell him "you have a good antardasa and so you will find a job within the next 2 years", he is not going to be excited about it. He wants to know if he will find a job next week or next month.

      If you use just the natal chart, you need to go upto sookshma-antardasa for such precision and it is not easy. Transits can help, but some people may not have found perfect results by using transits and dasas upto sookshma-antardasa. For them, TP can be a boon for giving fine predictions without much headache.

      For example, I was on phone with the CEO of a silicon valley company the other day. He wanted to know how the time was for his company. He gave me the chart of the company.

      To use natal dasas, I wasn't even sure if 120 year paramayush was logical!! But, using annual TP chart would be perfectly logical. I saw the annual TP chart of this year. Moon was 6th lord and eclipsed by Rahu in the 3rd house and his annual TA dasa ran from Feb 25 to April 15. I told him the company may have gone through a lot of anxiety and tensions perhaps on account of the actions of some rivals during that time. Mars dasa started on April 15 and runs till May 11. Mars is the 3rd and 10th lord in 7th (Leo) with Mercury and Jupiter. I told him the company may have recovered from the shock and anxiety after April 15 and got its act together and formulated a clearer (Mars) business (Mercury) and legal (Jupiter) strategy to counter the rival's actions. He said he was suprised and said that I got it 100% correct. Somebody filed a lawsuit it seems and they were confused and anxious for a while and got their act together just when I said they did, it seems. I gave some prognostications too, but we don't yet know their accuracy.

      This is just one example. I have many many examples like this. Sometimes, some events may be too small when you look from the vantage point of entire life and they may not be visible in the dasas and antardasas (unless you go upto prati and sookshma levels). But, during a short period, they may seem like big events and one may be very concerned about them. Such things are visible so clearly in annual charts such as TP and Tajaka.

      If you are trying to predict big events like marriage, childbirth etc, it will be foolish to do so without consulting the natal chart and its dasas. But, to predict ups, downs and changes in life from the short-term point of view, I completely rely on TP and it worked so nicely for me. About 80-90% of the correct predictions I made to my clients in the last 6 years were made using TP.

      Again, there is no compulsion. I am not trying to sell anything here. If you think it is not useful, please leave it. If you find it useful, please use the free material and free software I have provided and experiment with it. If you have any doubts and I have time, I will try to help and clarify.

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
      Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
      Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
      SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

      > Narasimha Garu
      > (we both are telugu so Garu is more appropriate !)
      >
      > I have used this chart based upon the recommendation of one my
      > friends here. From what I have understood Hora Lord for the year
      > will dictate the results/major event for that year. And he told me
      > that I have to use Rasi chart. He did not add using D9 or D10.
      >
      > Here are my observations and relevant questions to you.
      > .There are some events in charts that I cannot explain using TP at
      > all. But, I did not go finding answers in D9 or D10 after the event
      > passed.
      > .I read the article posted by Palinivelu and saw that Gandhi charts
      > were used. I don't disagree with the analysis, but all those events
      > should be explained by regular natal rasi, navamsa and D10 charts
      > right? And add to that two dashas (say VD and Narayana Dasha).
      > Another parameter - add transits.
      > .Introducing TP will introduce another 3 set of charts and another
      > whole set of dasha (Astothari). Now we have 6 charts and at least 3
      > to 4 dashas.
      > .My point is where to do you draw the line? One could get confused
      > with so many parameters to look at.
      > .If natal chart is saying a very good period and TP chart is saying
      > a negative event, how do you reconcile. Should I rely on the plain
      > vanilla Natal chart and transits to arrive at a conclusion.
      > .When do you supersede the natal chart and rely on TP charts solely?
      >
      > Please let me know when you have time
      > Manjunath Sharma

    • Manjunath Sharma
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2005
        Narasihma Garu
        Thanks for the clarification. I have been using it (Tithi Pravesha)
        and it gives good results. However there are some odd cases, events
        not explained clearly using TP Charts. Maybe it is my lack of proper
        application. I will give feedback as we go along. I am the MS/MBA type
        in astrology, I am not a PHd type at all.
        Manjunath Sharma
      • Manoj Kumar
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2005
          Dear Narasimha ji,

          > Sometimes, an event shown by TP and apparently not
          > shown by natal chart can be experienced, because we
          > are using a wrong dasa with the natal chart and our
          > expectation of what the natal chart shows at that
          > time is wrong.

          Manoj : I would be interested in knowing about such a
          case where the event was not promised by the natal
          chart but T.P. chart was showing it.

          > You are assuming that one knows with 100% certainty
          > what is and is not indicated by dasa/antardasa of
          > natal charts.

          Manoj : Nobody would know astrology 100% and if he
          does, he will become God and God normally does not
          come to this mortal world.

          > That is often not the case. We don't know it with
          > certainty. If you have a perfect understanding of
          > any one technique, you don't need any other
          > technique to make predictions. The problem is that
          > the understanding of dasa/antardasa that most of us
          > have is imperfect and that is why multiple
          > techniques can help us.
          >
          > Moreover, an antardasa can last for 2-3 years. But
          > people often need finer guidance. They are worried
          > about the next week and month. When somebody out of
          > job is worried about his profession and I tell him
          > "you have a good antardasa and so you will find a
          > job within the next 2 years", he is not going to be
          > excited about it. He wants to know if he will find a
          > job next week or next month.

          Manoj : Precisely and to my knowledge this can be seen
          with the help of Dasha/antardasha/Pratyantardasha and
          many times dates can be predicted.

          > If you use just the natal chart, you need to go upto
          > sookshma-antardasa for such precision and it is not
          > easy. Transits can help, but some people may not
          > have found perfect results by using transits and
          > dasas upto sookshma-antardasa. For them, TP can be a
          > boon for giving fine predictions without much
          > headache.

          Manoj : Use of different techniques definitely helps
          but then the technique should be within the framework
          of classical astrology.

          > To use natal dasas, I wasn't even sure if 120 year
          > paramayush was logical!! But, using annual TP chart
          > would be perfectly logical. I saw the annual TP
          > chart of this year. Moon was 6th lord and eclipsed
          > by Rahu in the 3rd house and his annual TA dasa ran
          > from Feb 25 to April 15. I told him the company may
          > have gone through a lot of anxiety and tensions
          > perhaps on account of the actions of some rivals
          > during that time. Mars dasa started on April 15 and
          > runs till May 11. Mars is the 3rd and 10th lord in
          > 7th (Leo) with Mercury and Jupiter. I told him the
          > company may have recovered from the shock and
          > anxiety after April 15 and got its act together and
          > formulated a clearer (Mars) business (Mercury) and
          > legal (Jupiter) strategy to counter the rival's
          > actions. He said he was suprised and said that I got
          > it 100% correct. Somebody filed a lawsuit it seems
          > and they were confused and anxious for a while and
          > got their act together just when I said they did, it
          > seems. I gave some prognostications too, but we
          > don't yet know their accuracy.
          >
          > This is just one example. I have many many examples
          > like this. Sometimes, some events may be too small
          > when you look from the vantage point of entire life
          > and they may not be visible in the dasas and
          > antardasas (unless you go upto prati and sookshma
          > levels). But, during a short period, they may seem
          > like big events and one may be very concerned about
          > them. Such things are visible so clearly in annual
          > charts such as TP and Tajaka.
          >
          > If you are trying to predict big events like
          > marriage, childbirth etc, it will be foolish to do
          > so without consulting the natal chart and its dasas.
          > But, to predict ups, downs and changes in life from
          > the short-term point of view, I completely rely on
          > TP and it worked so nicely for me. About 80-90% of
          > the correct predictions I made to my clients in the
          > last 6 years were made using TP.

          Manoj : This brings us back to the Karma theory. Are
          we trying to say that Natal horoscope should only be
          used for big events and smaller events in life should
          be left to alternative techniques. Sorry I beg to
          differ here. The natal horoscope is one's prarabdh and
          events, big or small are visible there. If they are
          not, perhaps there is some deficiency in our
          knowledge. And a step ahead, is one dasha better than
          the other. If destiny is destined..whatever dasha one
          uses must show same results.

          > Again, there is no compulsion. I am not trying to
          > sell anything here. If you think it is not useful,
          > please leave it. If you find it useful, please use
          > the free material and free software I have provided
          > and experiment with it. If you have any doubts and I
          > have time, I will try to help and clarify.

          Manoj : Perfectly right. No body is trying to sell or
          buy anything here. What we are trying is to create an
          ambience for healthy debate and for furthering the
          knowledge.

          People come up with theories and try to prove their
          theory on the charts that suit them. Once on a
          different list someone claimed and advocated that he
          can find out the sex of siblings from dreshkona and
          dont remember with the help of what dasha and gave
          examples to elucidate his scheme. I presented him with
          two charts and he could not find it out with that
          dasha....dont actually now remember that dasha.
          Therefore, I was interested in knowing this and
          testing it further. That was the whole idea.

          regards,

          Manoj

          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail