The 2nd house vs The 2nd lord

  • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2005
      Namaste learned people,

      As per my limited learning, signs are inanimate and planets are animate. Rasis are the manifestation of KALA PURUSHA, the time-space continuum of the universe, and planets are the manifestation of NARAYANA, the supreme intelligence of the universe.

      This is a very very important point, though some people ignore it. Ignoring this can lead to confusion between houses and house lords, which are not interchangable.

      Rasis and houses show various inanimate matters, circumstances, situations etc. House lords show the animated intelligence and life force behind house. House lords basically show the application of intelligence to the matters of a house, i.e. the driving force behind the matters shown by the house.

      The 2nd house shows the speech and 2ndf lord shows the intelligence behind speech. He shows what forces drive the speech. Whether the forces of truth drive the speech and predictions or the forces of confusion is better seen from the influences on the 2nd lord rather than 2nd house.

      For example, refer to Asatyavadi yoga (liar combination) given by Dr Raman in his book on yogas. It talks about malefic influences on the 2nd LORD. That makes perfect sense to me.

      So I suggest giving more importance to the 2nd lord than the 2nd house in judging these matters.

      Dr BV Raman's 2nd lord Jupiter himself and he is strong in kendra giving Gaja-Kesari. Sri KN Rao's 2nd lord Mars is joined by two benefics - Venus in moolatrikona and Moon of Sukla paksha. Actually, though many people don't take Jupiter's 4th house aspect, all planets have a 3/4th aspect on the 4th house from them according to Parasara. Moreover, Mars and Jupiter are in the same degree. So exalted Jupiter has a sookshma chaturtha drishti on 2nd lord Mars and its magnitude is 3/4th. Pt Sanjay Rath's 2nd lord is Mars and he is alone in Virgo aspected by Jupiter in Pisces.

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
      Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
      Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
      SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

    • saaji kulangara
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2005
        Dear Narasimha ji,

        What you say is logical. More than just influence of Ju on the 2nd,
        2nd lord is important. This helps for application in a broader case.
        What I wrote also has Dr Raman's sanction : ) please see Notable
        Horosocpes P 339 of Meher Baba. "The vakstana (2nd house) is devoid
        of Jupiter's aspect and must therefore have been a `prophet' whose
        words were seldom verified". His 2nd lord is unafflicted and in
        exaltation. An unafflcited 2nd lord sure gives uninterrupted clear
        speech, but I think Ju's aspect on 2nd is a real blessing as Ju
        denotes divinity.

        * * *

        On the other part, the AV analysis been very interesting (You might
        knowing these things, but I write in detail so that somebody who
        doesn't know this might find interesting)

        Mercury's AV, points of planets in the 2nd from Mercury:
        Sun – Speech will be patronizing
        Mars – Harsh and provocative
        Mercury – Pleasing (Me's point in the 2nd fm Me is impossible, hence
        we have to take this in the 2nd fm Lagna)
        Jupiter – Clear and Intelligent
        Venus –Abounds in Puranic stories and ideals
        Saturn – Mixed up with falsehood.

        I think this can be applied fm Lagna also. This is from Prashna
        Marga. I worked on this and found to be reliable.

        * * *

        The word is Kulangara, yet it was interesting. Rohini ji added one
        extra – a- and I cudnt correct him in between. I started thinking why
        this name when there isn't any pond near my house, but only a river a
        few meters away : ) )

        Thanks,

        Saaji

        --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"

      • S. Venkatraman
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2005
          Namaste Narasimha,

          wrote:
          > > Rasis and houses show various inanimate matters, circumstances,
          situations etc. House lords show the animated intelligence and life
          force behind house. House lords basically show the application of
          intelligence to the matters of a house, i.e. the driving force behind
          the matters shown by the house.

          A beautiful anology. Could you please elaborate a bit more on it - say
          by including the occupying planet, their drishtis etc.? Many thanks in
          advance and regards,

          Venkat
        • gopal krishnan
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2005
            hello members,
            following is my personal view point for the second house. the second lord is shakthi aspect and the second house is the shiva aspect of life.external matters are signified by the lord and internal matters by the second house.
            rahu though a malefic if the person has in the second house he has brillant intution and also hypnotic speech. though with close family members will not like the way he speaks.

            second lord is 8 th house will not give extempore way of talking. they will have think and respond.

            a simple techique whether some girl will get along with the inlaw see the second house. if it has functional benefic influence they will be good and get along.

            the lagna of thula and meena has a strange . because both these lagna look good and they can really talk rubbish when they get angry and they angry quickly.

            second house has mars will get in all kind of fights . remember it is the house.whenever mars in second house iam careful of getting in to fights. they will sharp speech.

            2nd house has saturn godo fellow. normally the lagna of kumbah and meena is soft in speech.

            fiery and airy sign gives sharp speech.

            when ever people are good in corporate politcis are bad in prediction because they have use there tougue for adharmic ways. this happens with years.

            aspect of jupiter towards second house vak siddhi.

            if sone one has black tougue as they will have veyr good negative predictions coming true.

            depending shape of tounge lot can be predicted.

            bye
            gopal
            "

          • Anmohiey
            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2005
              Namaste Sri Narasimha Rao and all,

              Since matter of indications in the charts of noble and famous jyotishis has come to discussion thru the second house matter, I take little liberty to make a mention of following few combinations picked from jyotish literatures, which are reportedly potentially strong to impart prowess of a well known astrologer. Further I solicit opinion on this and detailed how & why would be rewarding for all students.

              1. Mercury being 10th lord or depositor of 10th lord in Navamsha and finds seat in a sign of Exaltation/MT/own
              2. 1st or10th house falling in Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini and lord of that occupying either Gemini or Virgo in Navamsha.
              3. Moon/Venus/Saturn in 5th in exaltation/MT/own signs.
              4. Ascendant lord in 3rd house and that sign being Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini/Sagittarius.
              5. 5th lord posited in 2nd house and that 2nd house being sign of Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini/Sagittarius.
              6. Lords of 2/8/12 placed along with Mercury/Jupiter or lords of 2/8/12 placed in Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini/Sagittarius and receiving aspects
              from Mercury/Jupiter.
              7. Venus in Pisces, in second house placed along with Mercury, (but Mars/Saturn/Rahu should not have been placed 1/4/7/10 from Sun).
              8. Jupiter placed in 1/4/7/10/5/9/2 and ascendant lord conjoined with second lord or Mercury.
              9. Sun/Mars being 2nd lord receiving aspect from Jupiter/Venus.
              10. Capricorn/Gemini/Cancer/Sagittarius being 9th house and only Jupiter and Venus placed over there. (This can bestow the person with
              power of intuition - An astrologer with help of divine power).
              11. Lord of 10th placed in the constellation of Ascendant lord either sitting in Navamsha sign of Mercury or conjoined with Mercury.
              12. Lord of 7th in 11th/lord of 11th in 7th and conjoined with Mercury.
              13. Ascendant lord placed in 9th and aspected by 10th lord, whose Navamsha dispositer happens to be Mercury. (This combination can result
              in propagator of astrology in foreign countries as well).

              From the above stated combinations, it seems, signs, Gemini, Cancer, Capricorn and Sagittarius and planet Mercury are first rated and other benefic planets are just neat to it in forming a yoga for a potential astrologers.

              Please comment and request to share the thoughts and experience.

              With kind regards,

              Mohan Hegde.

> [...]

              > > of Rahu and aspect of Mars had their say and Dr Raman mentions
              > about
              > > his difference of opinion with Mrs Rajaswari Raman atleast on rare
              > > occasions in the beginning. He also mentions how once he argued
              > with
              > > his grand father.
              > >
              > > I hope this is an objective study, incase you or anyone feel that I
              > > made wrong judgements , I shall be stand corrected.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > Saaji
              > >
              > > --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Raghunatha RaoNemani"
              > > <raon1008@y...> wrote:
              > > > Om Krishna Guru
              > > >
              > > > Namaste Saaji and Chandrasekhar Ji,
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for very good posts on this topic. Dr. BV Raman,
              > > > one of the greatest astrologers of recent times have Rahu
              > > > in the 2nd house. Can you please educate me taking his

            • Vinay Kumar
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                Dear Shri Narasimha Raoji,

                You have indeed brought a new element to the discussion. Just wondering whether it would be worthwhile to consider the signs and lords as field and force (rather than inanimate and animate) since both of them seem to affect the significations. Kala Purusha, the space-time continuum, need not be termed inanimate since its origin is as much from the Lord as of planets. Given our IIT background, field and force idea may appeal better.

                Looking forward to your views.

                With regards,

                Vinay

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Vinay Kumar
                In Warsaw at present
                Tel: 0048-22-8495452 (Office)
                0048-22-8538618 (Res.)
              • Pankaj
                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                  Dear List,
                  As the Gochar Mercury is nearing end of debilitation; the list is again
                  warming up with good astrological discussions!

                  I have tested following combination & found three charts with this
                  combination. Two are not well-known persons; third one is a
                  celebrity-------Shri P C Alexander is having this combination. Is he
                  instrumental in spreading Jyotish knowledge?

                  regards,
                  Pankaj Sharma
                  Gorakhpur

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                    Following well-known persons have/ had this combination:

                    Jai Prakash Narayan
                    Swami Purnanand Ji
                    Osho Rajneesh
                    Dr Murali Manohar Joshi
                    Adolf Hitler
                    Mohammad Ali Boxer
                    Film Star Rekha
                    " " Kareena Kapoor

                    --Pankaj

                    12. Lord of 7th in 11th/lord of 11th in 7th and conjoined with Mercury.
                  • Praveen Kumar
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                      Thanks for the informative write-up Gopal.

                      Praveen Kumar (Mumbai)

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                        Hegde ji,

                        I am also curious as to what astrologically separates tropical
                        astrologers from jyotishis, and astrologers as a class from other
                        divinators (tarot, crystal gazers, iching readers, etc). It would be
                        interesting to study those (now in hundreds if not thousands) that
                        used to use tropical astrology and then switched to jyotish, some in
                        combination still use both, others have completely weaned off their
                        first love (not infatuation, mind you!).

                        RR

                        --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Anmohiey <anmohiey@s...> wrote:
                        > Namaste Sri Narasimha Rao and all,
                        >
                        > Since matter of indications in the charts of noble and famous
                        jyotishis has come to discussion thru the second house matter, I take
                        little liberty to make a mention of following few combinations picked
                        from jyotish literatures, which are reportedly potentially strong to
                        impart prowess of a well known astrologer. Further I solicit opinion
                        on this and detailed how & why would be rewarding for all students.

                        > 1. Mercury being 10th lord or depositor of 10th lord in Navamsha
                        and finds seat in a sign of Exaltation/MT/own
                        > 2. 1st or10th house falling in Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini and lord of
                        that occupying either Gemini or Virgo in Navamsha.
                        > 3. Moon/Venus/Saturn in 5th in exaltation/MT/own signs.
                        > 4. Ascendant lord in 3rd house and that sign being
                        Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini/Sagittarius.
                        > 5. 5th lord posited in 2nd house and that 2nd house being sign of
                        Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini/Sagittarius.
                        > 6. Lords of 2/8/12 placed along with Mercury/Jupiter or lords of
                        2/8/12 placed in Capricorn/Cancer/Gemini/Sagittarius and receiving
                        aspects
                        > from Mercury/Jupiter.
                        > 7. Venus in Pisces, in second house placed along with Mercury,
                        (but Mars/Saturn/Rahu should not have been placed 1/4/7/10 from Sun).
                        > 8. Jupiter placed in 1/4/7/10/5/9/2 and ascendant lord conjoined
                        with second lord or Mercury.
                        > 9. Sun/Mars being 2nd lord receiving aspect from Jupiter/Venus.
                        > 10. Capricorn/Gemini/Cancer/Sagittarius being 9th house and only
                        Jupiter and Venus placed over there. (This can bestow the person
                        with
                        > power of intuition - An astrologer with help of divine
                        power).
                        > 11. Lord of 10th placed in the constellation of Ascendant lord
                        either sitting in Navamsha sign of Mercury or conjoined with Mercury.
                        > 12. Lord of 7th in 11th/lord of 11th in 7th and conjoined with
                        Mercury.
                        > 13. Ascendant lord placed in 9th and aspected by 10th lord, whose
                        Navamsha dispositer happens to be Mercury. (This combination can
                        result
                        > in propagator of astrology in foreign countries as well).
                        >
                        > From the above stated combinations, it seems, signs, Gemini,
                        Cancer, Capricorn and Sagittarius and planet Mercury are first rated
                        and other benefic planets are just neat to it in forming a yoga for a
                        potential astrologers.

                        > Please comment and request to share the thoughts and experience.
                        >

                        > With kind regards,
                        >
                        > Mohan Hegde.

                        Service.

                      • rohiniranjan
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                          This would be case for any given combination or even in some case for a
                          selection of combinations or factors. There will always be a set of
                          charts which will contain the combination but not the traits or events
                          or effects one is studying, and vice versa. There is no absolutely
                          certain combination or trait (no sine qua non) that will pass the
                          absolute test though there could be statistical probabilities. It is
                          somewhat of a catch-22, so readers please do not take this as a
                          criticism of the original post or responses. It is human tendency to be
                          attracted to patterns which are obviously easier to remember and if
                          they sound 'logical' then the mind latches on to those. Since many
                          jyotishis and students do not have good databases (as opposed to just
                          collection of charts), with good search capabilities, the combinations
                          remain untested or partly tested and over time through repetition
                          become fixed in minds and some individuals actually begin believing in
                          those combinations without actually testing those, partly because of
                          lack of facilities, time, interest etc.

                          Many such loose ends exist in jyotish ...

                          RR

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                            Following your example in data-exploration -- :-)
                            what happened during the last transits of mercury in pisces on this
                            and other lists, all of which must be responding to the same mercury?

                            RR

                            --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Pankaj" <ssa@n...> wrote:
                            > Dear List,
                            > As the Gochar Mercury is nearing end of debilitation; the list is
                            again
                            > warming up with good astrological discussions!
                            >
                            > I have tested following combination & found three charts with this
                            > combination. Two are not well-known persons; third one is a
                            > celebrity-------Shri P C Alexander is having this combination. Is he
                            > instrumental in spreading Jyotish knowledge?
                            >
                            > regards,
                            > Pankaj Sharma
                            > Gorakhpur

                          • mahaluxmi iyer
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                              --- gopal krishnan <gopalastrology@...> wrote:
                              ---------------------------------

                              >rahu though a malefic if the person has in the second
                              >house he has brillant intution and also hypnotic
                              >speech. though with close family members will not
                              >like the way he speaks.

                              not just intuition and hypnotic speech, sir, but can
                              be good voice/speech imitators, mimic a variety of
                              voices too. if they can sing they can easily copy the
                              finer naunces of the original singers.

                              >second lord is 8 th house will not give extempore way
                              >of talking. they will have think and respond.

                              i think we should also take into consideration which
                              planets aspect and conjunct the 2L too? also whether
                              the 2L is both a functional as well as a general
                              benefic, like say jupiter for a vrischik lagna?

                              >the lagna of thula and meena has a strange . because
                              >both these lagna look good and they can really talk
                              >rubbish when they get angry and they angry quickly.

                              for both lagnas mars is the 2L. one fiery, one
                              watery.
                              mars personifies youth, anger, restlessness so the
                              meen lagna people might get angry very quickly not
                              realising the after-effects. could be.
                              though tula lagna does get angry but its not the same
                              as the other. tula lagna persons have a way with
                              words which at once convey their subject matter
                              precisely with depth and emotion quite well.

                              i may be wrong on all above counts. these are my
                              humble reflections on the topic.
                              maha

                            • Anmohiey
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 4, 2005
                                Ranjan ji Namaste,

                                I would search out combinations and shall post in the list, hopefully within handful of days.
                                I may be wrong, but felt, the answer to your latter part of the mail might be connected with prevailing dasa bhukti and also transit influences on such personalities.

                                (BTW: Neither in receiving nor in calling I am comfortable, wrt 'ji'. But please don't consider it as my arrogance, certainly the social background I have been born and brought up must be overly influential!)
                                With regards,

                                Mohan Hegde.
> [...]

                                > power of intuition - An astrologer with help of divine
                                power).
                                > 11. Lord of 10th placed in the constellation of Ascendant lord
                                either sitting in Navamsha sign of Mercury or conjoined with Mercury.
                                > 12. Lord of 7th in 11th/lord of 11th in 7th and conjoined with
                                Mercury.
                                > 13. Ascendant lord placed in 9th and aspected by 10th lord, whose
                                Navamsha dispositer happens to be Mercury. (This combination can
                                result
                                > in propagator of astrology in foreign countries as well).
                                >
                                > From the above stated combinations, it seems, signs, Gemini,
                                Cancer, Capricorn and Sagittarius and planet Mercury are first rated
                                and other benefic planets are just neat to it in forming a yoga for a
                                potential astrologers.

                                > Please comment and request to share the thoughts and experience.

                                Service.

                              • rohiniranjan
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 4, 2005
                                  Mohan

                                  How does that sound? Please call me Rohini or Rohiniranjan or Ranjan
                                  but without ji. The 'ji' tail has often been associated with a
                                  bad 'backache' ;-)

                                  Hope you are not allergic to emoticons!

                                  Thanks for taking the time to look it up. Yes, dashas must be
                                  responsible but can dashas act independently of the indications in a
                                  chart? Both must be considered, I suppose.

                                  RR

                                  --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Anmohiey <anmohiey@s...> wrote:
                                  > Ranjan ji Namaste,
                                  >
                                  > I would search out combinations and shall post in the list,
                                  hopefully within handful of days.
                                  > I may be wrong, but felt, the answer to your latter part of the
                                  mail might be connected with prevailing dasa bhukti and also transit
                                  influences on such personalities.

                                  > (BTW: Neither in receiving nor in calling I am comfortable,
                                  wrt 'ji'. But please don't consider it as my arrogance, certainly the
                                  social background I have been born and brought up must be overly
                                  influential!)
                                  > With regards,
                                  >
                                  > Mohan Hegde.

                                  Terms of