Skip to search.

Re: Miscellaneous Replies for April 23, 2005[PVR]

  • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 24, 2005
      Dear Vijay,

      > Dear PVRji,
      >
      > I apologize if what I wrote was construed as malignment. This was not
      > my intention as I had stated in the mail. When I meant SJC group, I
      > was really referring to Shri Sanjay Rath alone. I am a beginner and
      > looked around initially for proof of aptitude amongst various

      Even if you were "really referring to Shri Sanjay Rath alone", I take an exception to your original assertion (that you did not find any correct predictions from the SJC group). Irrespective of your intetions, such discrediting in a public list is in poor taste.

      Sanjay ji made a lot of correct predictions on mundane events. When Vajpayee government lost the confidence vote in April 1999, some big name astrologers were putting their money on Sonia Gandhi. But Sanjay ji predicted that Vajpayee would stay in power. At the time of Bill Clinton impeachment, Sanjay ji predicted that Clinton would remain in power. He made several successful predictions on Naveen Patnaik. He made many other correct predictions.

      His only two failures in mundane astrology that I remember came last year. He (like many) judged the Indian elections incorrectly. He also went wrong on George W re-election, but I personally know that it was an emotional prediction than an astrological one. He and I spent one whole day at my home rectifying and judging the charts of Kerry and Bush. We came to the conclusion that Bush would win. But Sanjay ji went in front of a pro-Kerry crowd at a workshop and preidcted that Kerry would win. I had to then go against his prediction and predict a Bush victory.

      Apart from these two wrong predictions last year, I am not aware of any wrong predictions by him.

      In individual horoscopy, I have personally seen a lot of amazing predictions by him.

      > teachers. I found Shri KN Rao to be excellant and his books are
      > remarkable. I did not find anyone else to be anywhere close to him
      > based on publicly known predictions. This of course does not mean
      > that Shri Sanjay Rath is not good or anything, just that I am not
      > aware of his public predictions. I will also kindly request yourself/
      > Sanjay Rath to post predictions on his website so that people can
      > judge for themselves- this will also convince skeptics as well as
      > bring more credibility to the field of astrology in general (the
      > argument that people avoid predictions to avoid public fame and
      > adulation is a very weak one).

      Mundane horoscopy is lot less scientifically developed than individual horoscopy. Many times, correct data is not available. Moreover, several mundane predictions tend to have good odds too and not that amazing.

      If the goal is to convince skeptics, individual horoscopy is a better candidate.

      Let me suggest a simple challenge.

      Can astrologers take up a challenge where rationalists would give them 50 accurate charts and give multiple choice questions involving events in those charts. For example, the question can be - when did the person marry? Answers can be (a) Apr 1990, (b) Aug 1991, (c) Jul 1993, (d) Sep 1994, (e) Feb 1995.

      If a challenge like this is given, are we confident that we can score 45 out of 50?

      I am not fully confident today, but I am hopeful of being able to take such a challenge in not-too-far future.

      Such structured challenges can serve the purpose of convincing skeptics more than making some mundane predictions.

      Anyway, we do make predictions from time to time on various yahoogroups.

      > Your post on Kargil war was remarkable I should say. This happened
      > more than 5 years ago and I would like to know about more
      > predictions, how many of them turned out correctly etc. Puzzles are

      I never counted them. Those who like me will remember my correct predictions and those who dislike me will remember my incorrect predictions.

      I have great failures such as Gore win and BJP re-election in 2004. But I have some good predictions too. Bush re-election and Vajpayee re-election in 1999 are perhaps not great predictions because they had a 50% chance. There are others that were more credible. For example, when the Iraq war started, I did predict on vedic-astrology yahoogroup when the Hussein govt would fall. Exactly during that week, US entered Baghdad and took control of Baghdas. It happened so quickly that nobody else seemed to have expected it. Many seemed to think Baghdad would fall after 3-4 weeks, but I predicted a much quicker fall. After September 11, I predicted the week in which US would attack Afghanistan and the week in which Kabul would fall. Both were correct and they were predicted based on Rudramsa Mandoola dasa of the lunar new year charts.

      But there was far greater success for me in individual horoscopy than in mundane horoscopy. There were many occasions when people told me that I told them something would happen in so and so month or week and it happened. But most of these things are private and not public. However, on vedic-astrology yahoogroup, there were some examples.

      > interesting but not necessarily proof of validity (at least on one
      > occasion I used only common sense to arrive at the answer)

      Well, I beg to differ. It depends on the puzzles. Some puzzles are easy to guess and some are not. For example, one guy who lost his job posted a puzzle on vedic-astrology list in the last week of January asking when he would get a job. I and my students at Boston (it's in the class audio) saw his chart and said that he would find a job in the coming week, that it would be a contract job and that he would find a better permanent job during March 21-Apr 11. That guy confirmed on v-a list that he got a contract job in the next week and he confirmed to me by private mail that he got a better permanent job at the end of March.

      This has a low random probability. I know several people who have been looking for a job for months. The probability of finding a job within 10 days is not high. To guess that it would be a contract job and that another permanent offer would come in March 21-Apr 11 is not easy without some reasonable astrological principles. Mind you, this was done with some small help by me by some guys who started learning astrology last May.So they were relying on replicable astro-principles more than on sadhana.

      If you ask me, blind puzzles based on charts of normal people are a better way to judge techniques than 50% probability predictions based on speculative charts of public figures or nations.

      > Let me also add that among the next generation astrologers, you are
      > one of the most prominent ones. I will also make this prediction
      > (without using any astrology) that in coming decades your
      > contributions will equal or exceed that of BV Raman or KN Rao. I am

      Thanks for your prediction, but the reason for my taking offense at your discrediting remarks on the "SJC group" is not egoistic. I am not looking for praises. My only interest is in perfecting my knowledge. The rest is all maya. Recognition, name and fame are all just an illusion. True knowledge is the only thing that is permanent and will accompany me into my next lives.

      Different people operate under different circumstances and their contributions cannot be compared. Also, in my opinion, nobody can come close to Dr Raman's contributions. He belongs to a different level, like Varahamihira.

      > also grateful for all the detailed and indepth clarifications that
      > you have given in the past and continue to give, inspite of the busy
      > life you lead.
      >
      > Once again I hope my questioning and healthy skepticism is not taken
      > as criticism/defamement in any manner whatsoever - I state again that
      > this was not my aim at all.

      Well, question how a technique works and I will be glad to answer. Ask for examples and I will be glad to show examples. But to question a whole group's success based on your limited exposure to their work amounts to a propaganda and unfair discrediting. Discussions on the success of individuals and groups are usually a bad idea for public lists. They have scope for smear and ill-intentioned propaganda. It is tough to distinguish smear from genuine questioning, and it does harm to the image of the parties involved.

      It also increase rajas in the parties involved. Instead, focussing on techniques and not discussing successes of people increases sattva more.

      > Best regards,
      > -Vijay
      >
      > ps. I hope you will share with us your presentation at the seminar on
      > financial astrology. My teacher RG Krishnan had also presented at the
      > seminar.

      I will try.

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
    • alhena c.
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 25, 2005
        Dear Narasimha P.V.R. Rao,

        I want to thank you for your words which served to
        enlighten me. It is unfrequent that we read words
        guiding ourselves to what should be the true aim of
        our astrology practice:

        in perfecting my knowledge. The rest is all maya.
        Recognition, name and fame are all just an illusion.
        True knowledge is the only thing that is permanent and
        will accompany me into my next lives.>>>>

        best wishes,
        alhena c. , from Argentina

        --- "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" <pvr@...>
        escribió:

        ---------------------------------
        Dear Vijay,

        > Dear PVRji,
        >
        > I apologize if what I wrote was construed as
        malignment. This was not
        > my intention as I had stated in the mail. When I
        meant SJC group, I
        > was really referring to Shri Sanjay Rath alone. I am
        a beginner and
        > looked around initially for proof of aptitude
        amongst various

        Even if you were "really referring to Shri Sanjay Rath
        alone", I take an exception to your original assertion
        (that you did not find any correct predictions from
        the SJC group). Irrespective of your intetions, such
        discrediting in a public list is in poor taste.

        Sanjay ji made a lot of correct predictions on mundane
        events. When Vajpayee government lost the confidence
        vote in April 1999, some big name astrologers were
        putting their money on Sonia Gandhi. But Sanjay ji
        predicted that Vajpayee would stay in power. At the
        time of Bill Clinton impeachment, Sanjay ji predicted
        that Clinton would remain in power. He made several
        successful predictions on Naveen Patnaik. He made many
        other correct predictions.

        250MB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
        http://correo.yahoo.com.ar
      • childofdevi
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 25, 2005
          Dear PVRji,

          You have completely misunderstood my mail. Nowhere did I write in a
          derisive manner about the SJC group. I was only pointing out that I
          had no access to publicly known predictions by Shri Sanjay Rath and
          as I am not a mind reader, I could not come to any conclusions. You
          still have not provided me any links where I can read up on these
          predictions or where I can get them.

          I will continue over the weekend as at the moment I have some
          deadlines to meet. My apologies in advance if what I wrote upset
          anyone.

          Best regards,
          -Vijay

          --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"

          Message 4 of 21 , May 18, 2005
            Dear Vijay,

            > > Best regards,
            > > -Vijay
            > >
            > > ps. I hope you will share with us your presentation at the seminar on
            > > financial astrology.

            I do not have any written material, but I do have some PowerPoint presentations that I used at the seminar. I can share them with you in a few days. I am also planning to make some stock market preedictions using the techniques I presented at the seminar, which included compressed Vimsottari dasa of Kartika Sukla Pratipada chart and Sarvatobhadra chakra transits on the compressed Tribhagi Vimsottari dasa star of the same chart.

            For now, I uploaded a small shloka on my website. This is a shloka I wrote recently on Lord Shiva at Arsha Vidya Gurukulam at Saylorsburg. This shloka asks Lord Dakshinamurthy of Saylorsburg to bless the Vedic astrologers by living in their intellect and giving them wisdom. I had the nice opportunity of reciting this shloka before the idol of Lord Dakshinamurthy, before a panel discussion. You can read the Shlokam in Sanskrit/English and read the translation at:

            http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/mantras/shiva_may_2005.gif

            For those who know Sanskrit metres, this uses a metre known as "Shaardoola Vikreeditam".

            > > My teacher RG Krishnan had also presented at the
            > > seminar.

            I had the great fortune of meeting Sri Krishnan and taking his blessings. It is such a pleasure to meet a saattwik man like him. In fact, meeting him and taking his blessings were the highlight of my trip. He seemed so knowledgable, simple, humble and open-minded. We find such men of golden heart very rarely these days. Vishnu lives in the hearts of such people. You are very fortunate to have him as your guru.

            Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
            Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
            SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org
> [...]

            It also increase rajas in the parties involved. Instead, focussing on techniques and not discussing successes of people increases sattva more.

            > Best regards,
            > -Vijay
            >
            > ps. I hope you will share with us your presentation at the seminar on
            > financial astrology. My teacher RG Krishnan had also presented at the

          • gopal krishnan
            Message 5 of 21 , May 19, 2005
              hello mr . vijay,
              " I found Shri KN Rao to be excellant and his books are
              > remarkable. I did not find anyone else to be anywhere close to him
              > based on publicly known predictions. "

              i fully respect mr.k.n roa as a person and his books writing and the knowledge he has in astrology . just like him there are many other astrologer who give very good predictions. u can go to my site http://www.sathyaprema.com were many predictions has been uploaded , past predictions of my use to appear in www.sify.com.for example war on iraq was predicted by me on sep 11 2003 for first anniversary which was later predicted by mr. kn roa by december 2003.

              bye
              gopal

              Dear Vijay,

            • Himanshu Mohan
              Message 6 of 21 , May 19, 2005
                Om Ganeshay Namah
                Dear PVR
                Guru,
                Pranam. I enjoyed the shloka.
                Inspirational blessings.
                Om Shri
                Krishnarpanamastu.
                Himanshu
                Mohan

                wrote:
                > Dear Vijay,
                For now, I
                uploaded a small shloka on my
                website. This is a shloka I wrote
                recently on Lord Shiva at Arsha Vidya
                Gurukulam at Saylorsburg. This
                shloka asks Lord Dakshinamurthy of
                Saylorsburg to bless the Vedic
                astrologers by living in their intellect
                and giving them wisdom. I had the nice
                opportunity of reciting this shloka
                before the idol of Lord
                Dakshinamurthy, before a panel
                discussion. You can read the Shlokam
                in Sanskrit/English and read the
                translation at:
              • Chandrashekhar
                Message 7 of 21 , May 19, 2005
                  Dear Narasimha,
                  A nice shloka indeed. I did not know that you are a good composer of
                  shloka. My compliments.
                  Chandrashekhar.

                • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 19, 2005
                    Dear Chandrashekhar ji,

                    Thank you for the compliments. By the grace of God and blessings of elders, I learnt Sanskrit when young and am comfortable with the language. I started composing poems in classical metres in Sanskrit and Telugu languages when I was 9 or so.

                    In my navamsa chart, I have lagna lord Venus and Moon together in Gemini. I think Saravali says that one with that combination becomes a poet.

                    The "Navagraha Karavalamba Stotram" that you can find on my website was also composed by me. The shloka on Krishna in the beginning of my book ("Vedic Astrology: An Integrated Approach") was also composed by me. That is why it specifies my name ("govindassuranaayako(a)vatu sadaa maam naarasimham natam").

                    Himanshu Mohan ji, thank you for the blessings.

                  • Manoj Kumar
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 19, 2005
                      Dear friends,

                      What are we trying to discuss here. Whose shirt is
                      whiter than mine or what? Couldnt understand. When I
                      think of exponents of astrology today in sattvik and
                      astrological mould, only one name comes to mind, and
                      that is of Shri K.N. Rao.

                      Lets try and follow his footsteps, especially his zeal
                      for research into areas unknown hitherto to most of
                      the present day astrologers who at best have an
                      experience of 4-5 years and start predicting mundane.
                      Mundane, especially is an area which needs years and
                      years of research, is what I feel.

                      regards to all,

                      Manoj

                      === message truncated ===

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • gopal krishnan
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 19, 2005
                        hello list members,
                        a small poetry inspired to write.
                        bye
                        gopal

                        oh lotus eyed godess,
                        bless all the astrologer
                        by ur grace and glance
                        all astrologer read horoscope accurately.

                        oh long haired eternal holy mother,
                        bestow astrologer the boon
                        of seeing past present future
                        which are manifestation of u.

                        one who has bestower of wisdom,
                        grant that astrologer have
                        insight wisdom, knowledge,intution

                        of all the combination of grahas.
                        the only one worthy of praise.
                        kill my pride and ego
                        when my predictions comes true
                        for u are the writer actor and director.

                        the invisble will by which
                        the whole universe works,
                        by which all techqiues and technoloy works.
                        make me rely on ur holy name.

                        one who sweat smells sweet
                        cleans of all our karmic delusions,
                        may the whole world be
                        free of this igornace, hatred
                        attachement and craving.

                        oh one who has
                        red chandana palm and soles
                        when will the i become
                        thy become thou become thee.

                        like the sky which is infinte
                        the world of astrology is unfathomble
                        when will we quench the thirst,
                        when will this search end?

                        orm and formless, moment and staticness,
                        death and un born, lover and loved,
                        all is u nothing but u
                        when will silence descend instead of words?

                      • SPK
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                          Dear Narasimha,

                          The saravali combination of chandra-shukra for poet is
                          generic for rashi chart or does it specifically say
                          navansha ?

                          Satish

                          Discover Yahoo!
                          http://discover.yahoo.com/
                        • sanjayprabhakaran
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                            || Om Gurave Namah ||
                            Dear Sri Gopal,
                            Namaste,
                            Really a nice poem. Thank you.
                            -Warm Regards
                            Sanjay

                            --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, gopal krishnan

                            Message 13 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                              Dear Narasimha,

                              Yes Saravali does have some golden nuggets. Venus is also called Kavi
                              and in Natal chart too he is conjunct Lagnesh Budha aspects your 2nd
                              house. Perhaps Jupiter's aspect on Venus makes you write in praise of
                              the Lord.

                              You know, I have always admired you for your selfless service to Jyotish
                              and upright approach. With this ability to compose shloka my admiration
                              has only increased.
                              Chandrashekhar.

                              It is nice to know

                            • vijayadas_pradeep
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                                Dear Narasimha ji

                                It is really good to compose shlokas using vyakaranam and Vrittham.
                                I feel Moon in mercurian navamsha, will give mind a kind of
                                restlesness and pondering as it is an amsha of shathru.Also mercury is
                                quick and related to intellect.Poems cannot be composed if the mind is
                                cool and relaxed.
                                Now as Chndrashekhar ji has mentioned,if Venus the kavi and knower of
                                all shasthras is aspecting this Moon then one can become a great poet
                                based,on other strengths of the said planets and yogas for fame.When
                                the planet of romance or kalpana aspects such a mind the thoughts will
                                turn into sahithya.
                                In your case moon is not aspected by Venus,but by Jupiter.But Venus is
                                with Budha.
                                If we check navamsha Venus and moon are related to Mercury
                                individually due to amsha amshanatha relationship.Venus is not related
                                to Moon.

                                Thanks
                                Pradeep

                                --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Chandrashekhar

                              • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                                  Dear Satish,

                                  When mentioning the results of navamsa position of Moon, Saravali mentions that Moon in a Mercurian navamsa aspected by Mercury or Venus can give poetic skills.

                                  Chandrashekhar ji and Pradeep, thank you for your thoughts.

                                  May Jupiter's light shine on us,
                                  Narasimha
                                  Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
                                  Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
                                  SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

                                  > Dear Narasimha,
                                  >
                                  > The saravali combination of chandra-shukra for poet is
                                  > generic for rashi chart or does it specifically say
                                  > navansha ?
                                  >
                                  > Satish
                                  > --- "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" <pvr@c...> wrote:
                                  > > Dear Chandrashekhar ji,
                                  > >
                                  > > Thank you for the compliments. By the grace of God
                                  > > and blessings of elders, I learnt Sanskrit when
                                  > > young and am comfortable with the language. I
                                  > > started composing poems in classical metres in
                                  > > Sanskrit and Telugu languages when I was 9 or so.
                                  > >
                                  > > In my navamsa chart, I have lagna lord Venus and
                                  > > Moon together in Gemini. I think Saravali says that
                                  > > one with that combination becomes a poet.
                                  > >
                                  > > The "Navagraha Karavalamba Stotram" that you can
                                  > > find on my website was also composed by me. The
                                  > > shloka on Krishna in the beginning of my book
                                  > > ("Vedic Astrology: An Integrated Approach") was also
                                  > > composed by me. That is why it specifies my name
                                  > > ("govindassuranaayako(a)vatu sadaa maam naarasimham
                                  > > natam").
                                  > >
                                  > > Himanshu Mohan ji, thank you for the blessings.
                                  > >
                                  > > May Jupiter's light shine on us,
                                  > > Narasimha

                                • gopal krishnan
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                                    hello sir,
                                    thank u .
                                    bye
                                    gopal

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 20, 2005
                                      > > > financial astrology.
                                      >
                                      > I do not have any written material, but I do have some PowerPoint
                                      presentations that I used at the seminar. I can share them with you
                                      in a few days. I am also planning to make some stock market
                                      preedictions using the techniques I presented at the seminar, which
                                      included compressed Vimsottari dasa of Kartika Sukla Pratipada chart
                                      and Sarvatobhadra chakra transits on the compressed Tribhagi
                                      Vimsottari dasa star of the same chart.

                                      Dear PVRji,

                                      Due to being heavily preoccupied, I had not been reading past posts
                                      on this list. I just happened to see this post now. Thank you for
                                      your offer to share your presentation, kindly please send it to me (
                                      I suspect many people may be interested in this, so one option may be
                                      to upload it to the files section of this group).

                                      I also wanted to ask you if can provide any references for
                                      understanding the Sarvatobhadra Chakra. I have one sole book on this
                                      by Mr. Aggarwal(Mystics of SVC) and I found it informative, still
                                      lacking in indepth coverage. Mr Aggarwal provides some classical
                                      references such as the rare or nonextant tantrik manual Brahmayamala
                                      ( I have not been able to locate any edition of this).

                                      With gratitude and best wishes,
                                      -Vijay
                                    • Muhammad Imran
                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 21, 2005
                                        These are really wonderful and inspirational words.

                                        Thanks for sharing,

                                        Imran

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com