Re: Reply to Narasimha - Yogas in JH (Divisionals)

  • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 16, 2005
      Namaste Prasad garu,

      When you look at raja yogas, the number of raja yogas present in a chart is irrelevant. One powerful raja yoga is far better than ten weak raja yogas.

      The D-10 of Bill Gates has Aq rising (Pt Sanjay Rath prefers to use Pi lagna in D-10, but I use Aq lagna).

      The 4th and 9th lord Venus and 5th lord Mercury are in samasaptaka and they form a powerful raja yoga. This raja yoga occurs on the 5th/11th axis and is very powerful. The aspect in dasamsa between these planets is strong. Based on their advancements within the dasamsa, we can conclude that they aspect each other within 1/5th of the dasamsa (equivalent to 6 deg in the case of rasi).

      Moreover, Venus and Mercury are friends and a raja yoga between them is far more powerful than, say, a raja yoga between Mars and Saturn.

      A lot of people have raja yogas in their rasi charts and D-10 charts. Not all raja yogas are created equal. When teaching raja yogas, Parasara taught us in BPHS to look at the vaiseshikamsas of planets in raja yoga and judge the yoga. If the two planets in raja yoga are in vaiseshikamsas, then the raja yoga is really powerful. If the two planets are in parijatamsa, one becomes a king. If they are in Uttamamsa, one becomes a powerful king. If they are in Gopuramsa, one becomes an emperor. If they are in Simhasanamsa, one becomes a great emperor like Dharmaraja, Salivahana etc. These are the results given by Parasara and examples are also his.

      In the case of Bill Gates, Mercury occupies Uttamamsa (3/10) and Venus occupies Gopuramsa (4/10). That makes the raja yoga far more powerful and more special than ordinary raja yogas.

      Interestingly, he ran Venus dasa from 1982-2002.

      BTW, you can get vaiseshikamsas (as per dasa varga, shodasa varga, shadvarga and sapta varga) in JHora 7.02. See the "strengths" main tab, "other strengths" bottom tab and the middle window.By default, that window shows Vimsopaka balas based on various varga schemes. Get the pop-up menu and select "vaiseshikamsas".

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
      Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
      Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
      SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

      > Narasimha gAru,
      > I had checked the yOgas in JH for D-10 of Bill Gates and it
      > doesn't seem to show any strong Raja or any Dhana yOga in the chart.
      > The details I'm using for Bill Gates are
      > 28 Oct 1955, 9:15pm (-8:00 West of GMT), Seattle, Washington.
      > The Rasi chart does indicate many yOgas for wealth though. I'd be
      > glad if you can throw some light on these yOgas.
      > thanks and rgds
      > -Prasad
      >
      > --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Vinay K <reachvinaynow@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Dear Narasimha,
      > > Thanks for your mail clarifying things in your usual
      > > lucid way. I buy your logic of Chaturasheeti Sama
      > > Dasha applying to my chart.
      > >
      > > Do the mp3 lessons that you mentioned deal with the
      > > basics of Narayana Dasha? Coz even if they are
      > > slightly advanced I wouldn't be able to learn. What
      > > about Sri Rath's book on this subject? Does it cover
      > > all the basics and is it good enough to start using
      > > the dasha?
      > >
      > > Oh, by the way only today I discovered that your J
      > > Hora gives Yogas even for Divisionals. It is
      > > brilliant and of immense research value. I had thought
      > > my Dashamsha was the worst of all my divisional
      > > charts, but J Hora gave the longest list of Yogas for
      > > my D-10 and it was heartening to know that. Looking at
      > > the Yogas in my D-10 my Mars Dasha is likely to be the
      > > best for my career.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Vinay K

    • vvootla
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
        Namaste Narasimha gAru,

        Thanks a lot for the explanation regds the strength of Raja
        Yogas and use of Vaisesikamsas in the same. A related question is
        can this be explained by using any varga scheme of Vaiseshikamsa. Or
        do we have rules for selecting a particular varga scheme for
        vimsopaka/vaisesikamsa? In the specific case of Gates the Shodasa
        and Dasa varga schemes do give higher amsa bala for Merc and Venus.
        What of cases where dasa varga gives higher values for some planets
        and shodasa gives higher values for a different set of planets. How
        do we choose the varga scheme to apply for Raja Yoga strength
        evaluation.

        thanks and regards
        -Prasad

        --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"

      • sanjaychettiar@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
          || Om Gurave Namah ||
          Dear Prasad,
          This is from Help documents written By Shree PVR Narasimha Rao
          for Jagannatha Hora software. You can look up help in 'Amsa'
          key word.

          Varga Grouping and Amsabala

          We have several varga groups, i.e. groups of divisional charts.

          If a planet is in its moolatrikona or an own rasi or its rasi of
          exaltation in a chart, it makes the planet very strong in that chart.
          In each group of divisional charts, we can count the divisional charts
          in which a planet occupies its moolatrikona or an own rasi or its rasi
          of exaltation. Based on the count of such good divisional charts for
          the planet, we say that the planet is in a particular amsa (the higher
          this number is, the stronger the planet is).

          Shadvarga

          "Shadvarga" literally means "six divisions". Shadvarga is a group of
          the following divisional charts: (1) Rasi chart, (2) D-2, (3) D-3, (4)
          D-9, (5) D-12, and, (6) D-30.

          The amsa said to be occupied by a planet and the corresponding count
          of divisional charts – from the above list – in which it occupies its
          moolatrikona, rasi of exaltation or an own rasi is listed below:

          Kimsukaamsa – 2, Vyanjanaamsa – 3, Chaamaraamsa – 4, Chatraamsa – 5,
          Kundalaamsa – 6.

          Sapta varga

          "Sapta varga" literally means "seven divisions". Sapta varga is a
          group of the following divisional charts: (1) Rasi chart, (2) D-2, (3)
          D-3, (4) D-7, (5) D-9, (6) D-12, and, (7) D-30.

          The amsa said to be occupied by a planet and the corresponding count
          of divisional charts – from the above list – in which it occupies its
          moolatrikona, rasi of exaltation or an own rasi is listed below:

          Kimsukaamsa – 2, Vyanjanaamsa – 3, Chaamaraamsa – 4, Chatraamsa – 5,
          Kundalaamsa – 6, Mukutaamsa – 7.

          Dasa varga

          "Dasa varga" literally means "ten divisions". Dasa varga is a group of
          the following divisional charts: (1) Rasi chart, (2) D-2, (3) D-3, (4)
          D-7, (5) D-9, (6) D-10, (7) D-12, (8) D-16, (9) D-30, and, (10) D-60.

          The amsa said to be occupied by a planet and the corresponding count
          of divisional charts – from the above list – in which it occupies its
          moolatrikona, rasi of exaltation or an own rasi is listed below:

          Paarijaataamsa – 2, Uttamaamsa – 3, Gopuraamsa– 4, Simhaasanaamsa – 5,
          Paaraavataamsa – 6, Devalokaamsa – 7, Brahmalokamsa – 8, Airaavataamsa
          – 9, Sreedhaamaamsa – 10.

          NOTE: This group is very important and some yogas – special
          combinations – make use of these amsas. For example, lagna lord or
          ghati lagna lord in Simhaasanaamsa would make one very famous. A
          quadrant lord with good amsabala in dasavarga makes one very
          successful. Readers should memorize the above amsas.

          Shodasa varga

          "Shodasa varga" literally means "sixteen divisions". Shodasa varga is
          a group of the following divisional charts: (1) Rasi chart, (2) D-2,
          (3) D-3, (4) D-4, (5) D-7, (6) D-9, (7) D-10, (8) D-12, (9) D-16, (10)
          D-20, (11) D-24, (12) D-27, (13) D-30, (14) D-40, (15) D-45, and, (16)
          D-60.

          The amsa said to be occupied by a planet and the corresponding count
          of divisional charts – from the above list – in which it occupies its
          moolatrikona, rasi of exaltation or an own rasi is listed below:

          Bhedakaamsa – 2, Kusumaamsa – 3, Nagapurushaamsa – 4, Kandukaamsa – 5,
          Keralaamsa – 6, Kalpavrikshaamsa – 7, Chandanavanaamsa – 8,
          Poornachandraamsa – 9, Uchchaisravaamsa – 10, Dhanvantaryamsa – 11,
          Sooryakaantaamsa – 12, Vidrumaamsa – 13, Indraasanaamsa – 14,
          Golokaamsa – 15, Sree Vallabhaamsa – 16.

          Warm Regards
          Sanjay P

          Hari Om Tat Sat

          --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "vvootla" <vvootla@g...> wrote:

> [...]
          > If the two planets are in parijatamsa, one becomes a king. If they
          > are in Uttamamsa, one becomes a powerful king. If they are in
          > Gopuramsa, one becomes an emperor. If they are in Simhasanamsa, one
          > becomes a great emperor like Dharmaraja, Salivahana etc. These are
          > the results given by Parasara and examples are also his.
          > >
          > > In the case of Bill Gates, Mercury occupies Uttamamsa (3/10) and
          > Venus occupies Gopuramsa (4/10). That makes the raja yoga far more
          > powerful and more special than ordinary raja yogas.
          > >
          > > Interestingly, he ran Venus dasa from 1982-2002.
          > >
          > > BTW, you can get vaiseshikamsas (as per dasa varga, shodasa varga,
          > shadvarga and sapta varga) in JHora 7.02. See the "strengths" main
          > tab, "other strengths" bottom tab and the middle window.By default,
          > that window shows Vimsopaka balas based on various varga schemes.
          > Get the pop-up menu and select "vaiseshikamsas".

        • vvootla
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
            Namste Sanjay ji,

            I did read about this varga grouping and amsa bala in BPHS
            and thanks for pointing it out its ready availability in JH Help. My
            question however was regds the applicability of one varga group over
            other? Suppose the native has Raja yOgas due to Me-Ve and Su-Sa. It
            is possible that acc. to dasa varga his amsa bala is uttama-gopura
            for Me-Ve and may be parijata-parijata for Su-Sa. However,
            considering shOdasa varga he may have higher strength for Su-Sa over
            Me-Ve. In this case what is the criteria employed to identify which
            Raja yOga is powerful?

            regards
            -Prasad

            --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:

> [...]
            > D-20, (11) D-24, (12) D-27, (13) D-30, (14) D-40, (15) D-45, and,
            (16)
            > D-60.
            >
            > The amsa said to be occupied by a planet and the corresponding
            count
            > of divisional charts – from the above list – in which it
            occupies
            its
            > moolatrikona, rasi of exaltation or an own rasi is listed below:
            >
            > Bhedakaamsa – 2, Kusumaamsa – 3, Nagapurushaamsa – 4,
            Kandukaamsa –
            5,
            > Keralaamsa – 6, Kalpavrikshaamsa – 7, Chandanavanaamsa
            – 8,
            > Poornachandraamsa – 9, Uchchaisravaamsa – 10,
            Dhanvantaryamsa – 11,
            > Sooryakaantaamsa – 12, Vidrumaamsa – 13, Indraasanaamsa
            – 14,
            > Golokaamsa – 15, Sree Vallabhaamsa – 16.

          • rohiniranjan
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
              Interesting question indeed. Just to condense things a bit, what is
              being asked perhaps is the underlying rationale behind these
              groupings:

              Shadvarga: D-1 D-2 D-3 D-9 D-12 D-30

              Sapta varga: D-1 D-2 D-3 D-7 D-9 D-12 D-30

              Dasa varga: D-1 D-2 D-3 D-7 D-9 D-10 D-12 D-16 D-30 D-60

              Shodasa varga: D-1 D-2 D-3 D-4 D-7 D-9 D-10 D-12 D-16 D-20
              D-24
              D-27 D-30 D-40 D-45 D-60.

            • V.Partha sarathy
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
                Dear Prasad

                The dasa varga is used for identifying raja yogas for normal people,
                the shodasa varga is used for people who get it from ancestors like
                monarchs etc
                best wishes
                partha