Thanks and Mrityu Bhaga (Re: "Jagannatha Hora" FULL...)

  • pvr108
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
      Namaste Praveen ji,

      I thank you and others for the kind words and blessings.

      The latest release seems to have a problem on Windows 98 and Windows
      Me computers and working fine on Windows NT, 2000 and XP computers.
      I will debug this and resolve it as soon as possible.

      Thanks for your comments on my chart. I just want to add my 2 cents
      regarding MB (mrityu bhaga) you mentioned.

      > However,
      > in Vimshottari, you are under Mer-Rahu. Some apprehension as Rahu
      is
      > in M.B. and Saturn is debilitated in the 8th. Please be careful.

      For Rahu in Aquarius, 18th degree is considered mrityu bhaga (death-
      inflicting degree) according to classics. Dr KS Charak seems to
      think that this implies 17.5 deg-18.5 deg region is Rahu's MB in Aq.
      He takes MB defined in classics (18 deg) as a point and takes a one
      degree region around it.

      In our tradition, we hold a view different from Dr Charak's. Mrityu
      bhagas are based on trimsamsa. Though a sign is divided into 5
      unequal portions in normal trimsamsa, there are variations of
      trimsamsa in which a sign is divided into 30 equal portions.

      We believe that Mrityu Bhaga is not a point, but a trimsamsa
      (degree). When classics say that the 18th degree is Rahu's MB in Aq,
      it means that the region starting at 17 deg and ending at 18 deg is
      the MB of Rahu in Aq. THAT is the "18th degree", afterall!!

      Using mean nodes, my Rahu is at 16Aq54. Using the so-called true
      nodes, my Rahu is at 18Aq08. Either way, he is not in MB as per our
      definition of MB.

      However, thanks for your advice and I will be careful. Rahu is bad
      for my health even in my judgment. Rahu is in 6th from Virgo lagna
      in my rasi chart. Rahu in 6th is good for material prosperity, but
      not for health. Moreover, Rahu is in the 8th house with Saturn in my
      D-6 (shashthamsa).

      BTW, JHora can show if a planet is in MB. There are options to allow
      you to experiment with different definitions. For example, Rahu's MB
      in Aq is the 18th degree. You can choose to define it as 17-18 deg
      (recommended by me and Pt Rath) or 17.5-18.5 deg (recommended by Dr
      Charak) or 18-19 deg (added just for completeness)! Also, there are
      some differences between what Phala Deepika and Brihat Prajapatyam
      give and what other classics like Sarvartha Chintamani and Jataka
      Parijatam give. You can choose either definition in JHora.

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
      Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): <http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net>
      Free Jyotish software (Windows): <http://www.VedicAstrologer.org>

      --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, Praveen Kumar <chunnu2001@v...>
      wrote:
      > Wonderful Narasimha ! You have done a yeoman service for the
      astrological community, for the humanity at large. Today I saw your
      horoscope in my records (after several years) where TOB is given as
      17:50. It gives Taurus Navamsa but I feel, it should be Aries as you
      don't seem to have any marital problems. Then TOB comes around
      17:43. It may be a bit earlier also.
      > Your Aqu chara dasa will start shortly (Apr 2005). Here AK is
      having connections with AmK, PK, DK and 5th lord, all. 10th house
      from Aqu too is good. Hence, it should bring you glory, wide
      acclaim. However, in Vimshottari, you are under Mer-Rahu. Some
      apprehension as Rahu is in M.B. and Saturn is debilitated in the
      8th. Please be careful.

      > I take this opportunity to wish you everything the best in years
      ahead and wish the God to bless persons like you with peace,
      prosperity and happiness.

      > Praveen Kumar (Mumbai, India)
    • Chandrashekhar
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
        Dear Narasimha,
        This is the gesture of the truly realized one. May Brihaspati shower his
        blessings upon you.
        Chandrashekhar.

      • majid
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
          Namaste! Although this sort of off topic. Blessings and thanks for the
          Jyotish Hora 7 software. Does the CD have to come from the US or India? I
          could be a regional distributor for it as I have the CDR but of course money
          for mailings would have to be exchanged as I am on a handicapped pension
          etc.
          OM SRI GANAPATI KI JAI!

        • mmpandit2003
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
            Dear Narasimha,

            Excellent software.Brilliant idea.
            More people can now use other options of KCD etc calculation.
            Kp horary and Placidus house option has solved my problem of manual
            casting as I did not depend on anybodies software.This one though is
            accurate for Kp if correct ayanamsa,Placidus options are used.

            God bless.
            Regards
            Dr Pandit
          • rohiniranjan
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
              Bravo Narasimha!

              Now sit back and enjoy the enactment in your life the ancient story
              about the Brahmin, travelling with his son and their donkey and their
              trying to please all unsolicitated and passing public opinion!

              Your parents and teachers and your family must yet again be proud of
              you today, as are your admirers here and elsewhere.

              Ranjan

              --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"

            • rohiniranjan
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
                Dr. Pandit,

                I am so glad you spoke about Placidus cusps. I/We would love to hear
                about your thoughts and comments and experiences about Placidus cusps
                and the very fact of the use of cusps (such as rising degree) in the
                KP and tropical construct as being the beginning and not middle of
                the house, as is more popularly accepted in much of the remaining
                jyotish. KP was definitely such a radical departure in terms of how
                it used houses and their extent.

                Whatever you can willingly share ...

                Ranjan

                --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "mmpandit2003"
                <mmpandit2003@y...> wrote:

                > Dear Narasimha,
                >
                > Excellent software.Brilliant idea.
                > More people can now use other options of KCD etc calculation.
                > Kp horary and Placidus house option has solved my problem of manual
                > casting as I did not depend on anybodies software.This one though
                is
                > accurate for Kp if correct ayanamsa,Placidus options are used.
                >
                > God bless.
                > Regards
                > Dr Pandit
              • Pankaj
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
                  Is it so that MrityuBhags for different planets are defined differently
                  for each Rashi. As per my information MB for Moon in Aquarius is 5th degree.
                  But as per the mail excerpt below for Rahu in Aqu it is 18th degree.
                  Can someone throw some light?
                  regards,
                  Pankaj
                  For Rahu in Aquarius, 18th degree is considered mrityu bhaga (death-
                  inflicting degree) according to classics. Dr KS Charak seems to
                  think that this implies 17.5 deg-18.5 deg region is Rahu's MB in Aq.
                  He takes MB defined in classics (18 deg) as a point and takes a one
                  degree region around it.
                • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
                    Namaste Pankaj ji,

                    Each planet has one specific degree as its Mrityu Bhaga (death-inflicting degree) in each sign.

                    For Rahu, MB in Aq is the 18th degree. For Moon, what you said is correct, i.e. MB in Aq is the 5th degree, if one goes by Phala Deepika. If one goes by Jataka Parijatam and Sarvartha Chintamani, Moon's MB in Aq is the 20th degree.

                    For those who understand C and C++ computer languages, here are the complete tables defining the MB of each planet in each sign:

                    // As per Jataka Parijatam and Sarvartha Chintamani:
                    double MrityuBhagaDegree1 [] [NUM_RASIS] =
                    {
                    // Ar Ta Ge Cn Le Vi Li Sc Sg Cp Aq Pi
                    { 20, 9, 12, 6, 8, 24, 16, 17, 22, 2, 3, 23 }, // Sun
                    { 8, 25, 22, 22, 21, 1, 4, 23, 18, 20, 20, 10 }, // Moon
                    { 19, 28, 25, 23, 29, 28, 14, 21, 2, 15, 11, 6 }, // Mars
                    { 15, 14, 13, 12, 8, 18, 20, 10, 21, 22, 7, 5 }, // Merc
                    { 19, 29, 12, 27, 6, 4, 13, 10, 17, 11, 15, 28 }, // Jup
                    { 28, 15, 11, 17, 10, 13, 4, 6, 27, 12, 29, 19 }, // Ven
                    { 10, 4, 7, 9, 12, 16, 3, 18, 28, 14, 13, 15 }, // Sat
                    { 14, 13, 12, 11, 24, 23, 22, 21, 10, 20, 18, 8 }, // Rahu
                    { 8, 18, 20, 10, 21, 22, 23, 24, 11, 12, 13, 14 }, // Ketu
                    { 23, 24, 11, 12, 13, 14, 8, 18, 20, 10, 21, 22 }, // Mandi
                    { 1, 9, 22, 22, 25, 2, 4, 23, 18, 20, 24, 10 } // Asc
                    };

                    // As per Phala Deepika
                    double MrityuBhagaDegree2 [] [NUM_RASIS] =
                    {
                    // Ar Ta Ge Cn Le Vi Li Sc Sg Cp Aq Pi
                    { 20, 9, 12, 6, 8, 24, 16, 17, 22, 2, 3, 23 }, // Sun
                    { 26, 12, 13, 25, 24, 11, 26, 14, 13, 25, 5, 12 }, // Moon

                    --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "pvr108" <pvr@c...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > Wonderful Narasimha ! You have done a yeoman service for the
                    > astrological community, for the humanity at large. Today I saw your
                    > horoscope in my records (after several years) where TOB is given as
                    > 17:50. It gives Taurus Navamsa but I feel, it should be Aries as you
                    > don't seem to have any marital problems. Then TOB comes around
                    > 17:43. It may be a bit earlier also.
                    > > Your Aqu chara dasa will start shortly (Apr 2005). Here AK is
                    > having connections with AmK, PK, DK and 5th lord, all. 10th house
                    > from Aqu too is good. Hence, it should bring you glory, wide
                    > acclaim. However, in Vimshottari, you are under Mer-Rahu. Some
                    > apprehension as Rahu is in M.B. and Saturn is debilitated in the
                    > 8th. Please be careful.
                    > >
                    > > I take this opportunity to wish you everything the best in years
                    > ahead and wish the God to bless persons like you with peace,

                  • Pankaj
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 24, 2005
                      Namaste Narasimha ji,
                      Thanks for sharing the information.

                      1. By the way, I see a change in your addressing style for people.
                      Previously you used to address even Sh Sanjay Rath as "Sanjay" only and now
                      you call everybody with a namaste & ji :)

                      2. Its so good & nice on your part that you have shared from your own source
                      code. I once again reiterate open-source would ensure better, compact & more
                      featured software. Its part of our culture to share the knowledge; & the
                      jyotish is also part of our own culture; it is NOT under Intellectual
                      Property Rights- so even if other vendors object- we may continue to have a
                      compendium of all methods & versions available for calculations of various
                      Reference Points in a chart. Second stage is to have a vast Database with
                      major life events/traits, so that we may test the various versions for their
                      proximity to correctness ....
                      It will be e-version of Bhandarakar Institute.

                      Anyways,
                      regards & best wishes,
                      Pankaj Sharma
                      Gorakhpur

                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 25, 2005
                        Dear Narsimha Ji

                        I picked up the chart in your software and I notice that:
                        You r undergoing Me-Ra-Jup in Vimshottary at the point of time you made this
                        software free for all.

                        Me is with three plants (ma,ve,sat) all trinal lords combining +aspected by
                        satvic Jupiter which is alo 12TH LORD from aries.Sun (satvic)12TH LORD from
                        lagna in 12 house from aries.

                        Rahu on 6/12 axis with ketu and moon(satvic with 12 HOUSE connection) and
                        12TH lord FROM RAHU aspected by 12TH LORD SATURN +aspected by satvic
                        Jupiter.(retrograde from previous huse).

                        Jup (satvic) aspected by 4planets including 12TH LORD from jupiter, Me who
                        main dasha operating + 12th HOUSE Jupiter aspected by 12TH LORD FROM LAGNA
                        SUN(satvic)

                        Hence, there is a big influence of satvic planets/12th house lords
                        everywhere, which has resulted in charitable tasks/donations/community
                        service.

                        In chara dasha - KN rao style ONLY, it is capricorn-capricorn - aspected by
                        ketu from 12 HOUSE AND 12TH HOUSE from capricorn aspected by SUN being 12TH
                        LORD - CHARITABLE TASKS/COMMUNITY SERVICES.

                        ALL THIS FROM HIS SOFTWARE!!

                        Hence this chart correctly reflects gift that we have got from Narsimha ji.
                        May god bless him in his relentless service to Jyotish community.

                        Thanks once again.

                        Arun Mandhana

                        .

> [...]
                        > > Wonderful Narasimha ! You have done a yeoman service for the
                        > astrological community, for the humanity at large. Today I saw your
                        > horoscope in my records (after several years) where TOB is given as
                        > 17:50. It gives Taurus Navamsa but I feel, it should be Aries as you
                        > don't seem to have any marital problems. Then TOB comes around
                        > 17:43. It may be a bit earlier also.
                        > > Your Aqu chara dasa will start shortly (Apr 2005). Here AK is
                        > having connections with AmK, PK, DK and 5th lord, all. 10th house
                        > from Aqu too is good. Hence, it should bring you glory, wide
                        > acclaim. However, in Vimshottari, you are under Mer-Rahu. Some
                        > apprehension as Rahu is in M.B. and Saturn is debilitated in the
                        > 8th. Please be careful.
                        > >
                        > > I take this opportunity to wish you everything the best in years
                        > ahead and wish the God to bless persons like you with peace,

                      • mmpandit2003
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 27, 2005
                          Dear Rohini ,

                          I am busy with Medicine at present so I did not see your post.
                          However,what I have found is that the Placidus cusp sublord using KP
                          ayanamsa seems to give good results.
                          So that I use Placidus in KP.
                          But when I use other systems,the question does not arise because the
                          majority of dasa systems I use including
                          Chara,KCD,Navamsa,Sudasa,Narayana dasa do not require me to use
                          bhavas.
                          5/6 years ago I experimented with Asthakavarga with so many charts
                          manually calculating Bhava/Bhava chalita Astakavarga and "Kakshyas"
                          I found the most inconsistent results with both.
                          So I stopped using Asthakavarga in my analysis.
                          It is on my backburner for research.

                          I use KP for Vimshottori dasa as I found that mathematically all that
                          the Sub theory of Krishnamurti is ,is a logical extention of the
                          Vimshottori dasa system.
                          I do not use any other method of analysisapart from KP and Vedic
                          Divisionals when analysing Vimshottori dasa system(which I have tried
                          to show in my first volume).
                          I have developed a way of using KP,KCD and one more method
                          independantly and then together to get very accurate results which I
                          showed some research to a few people here in the UK and some on this
                          list.
                          Again the predictions on India which were so clear(but some time
                          consumption presents itself) made my me over the last two to three
                          months using this method are also coming true to the day.
                          I am using KP with Placidus,KCD with an additional system to give
                          Sookshma prediction here.

                          Regards
                          Dr Pandit

                          --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "rohiniranjan" <rrgb@s...> wrote:

                          > Dr. Pandit,
                          >
                          > I am so glad you spoke about Placidus cusps. I/We would love to
                          hear
                          > about your thoughts and comments and experiences about Placidus
                          cusps
                          > and the very fact of the use of cusps (such as rising degree) in
                          the
                          > KP and tropical construct as being the beginning and not middle of
                          > the house, as is more popularly accepted in much of the remaining
                          > jyotish. KP was definitely such a radical departure in terms of how
                          > it used houses and their extent.
                          >
                          > Whatever you can willingly share ...
                          >

                          > Ranjan
                          >
                          > --- In JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "mmpandit2003"
                          > <mmpandit2003@y...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Dear Narasimha,
                          > >
                          > > Excellent software.Brilliant idea.
                          > > More people can now use other options of KCD etc calculation.
                          > > Kp horary and Placidus house option has solved my problem of
                          manual
                          > > casting as I did not depend on anybodies software.This one though
                          > is
                          > > accurate for Kp if correct ayanamsa,Placidus options are used.
                          > >
                          > > God bless.
                          > > Regards
                          > > Dr Pandit
                        • R.C.Srivastava
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 27, 2005
                            Dear Dr Pandit,
                            As usual your mails are highly educative.J hora has KP calculatios. Your valued observations are surprising. As far i am concerned After setting KP ayanamsa and house cusp options to placidus with KP 249 number system i have got always incorrect calculations With J Hora . I have to do all calculations by hand inspite of the fact i have purchased many softwares in hope of ease in working out calculations. . I have tried large number of softwares .i found no software meeting the needs of accuracy when it comes to calculations of Non angular houses.

                            please be kind enough to let me know how many charts u have tried with J Hora. Which version you are talking.I have tried many both by manual as well as J Hora/Digital Jyotish/and host of others astro kundali/kp astro included.May be i might be missing in some of the setting. I dont know about ver 7 .Have u tried Ver 7 Till ver 6 i got absurdity in calculations. Ver 7 is giving me errors on Win98. on XP i have not tried Ver 7 as it is on Laptop and my work will be affected.
                            May be i am missing somevital parameters in setting of options.
                            Thanks in advance.
                            RCS
                          • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 27, 2005
                              Dear Mr Srivastava,

                              You said you set the Placidus houses and Krishnamoorthy ayanamsa. In addition, if you follow KP, there is one more setting that needs to be done in JHora. Go to the "Houses" tab under "Basics" tab. Get the pop-up menu. By default, "Ascendant is the middle of the first house" is selected. Instead, select "Ascendant is the start of first house". I believe that is what Krishnamoorthy recommended.

                              If you still have differences, please give the data so that we can study the reasons.

                              SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org